cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I convert to AT & T in the U.S. so I can use my U.S. plan

TeresaU
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I know I had to change over to their provider. But can't remember how I did that.

9 REPLIES 9

@sheytoon wrote:

@Anonymous are you guessing or making things up? What is this advice based on?

at least  wasn't suggesting setting to 3G Only or contact CS Agent  🙂

@Anonymous are you guessing or making things up? What is this advice based on?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BlueB wrote:

@Anonymous 

How does your "reset network" suggestion fit in with the OP's question?  I'm not connecting how reset network settings will allow the OP to use a completely different network, specifically AT&T in the US.  

@BlueB 

first reset network settings to clear everything and after that do manually selecting network,

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous 

How does your "reset network" suggestion fit in with the OP's question?  I'm not connecting how reset network settings will allow the OP to use a completely different network, specifically AT&T in the US.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@TeresaU   Put your AT&T SIM in and reboot and you should be good

If not connecting, try to manually choose AT&T on the network selection.

if still fail, tell us what error you see and what kind of phone you have 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TeresaU 

and you can try to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and manually selecting network,

and do Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TeresaU 

Can you tell us a little more about what services or a story on what you're trying to accomplish?  At first glance, it sounds like you have 2x Plans active, so removing your Public Mobile or AT&T and SIM card and replacing it with the other SIM card will let your phone access the appropriate phone service depending on which SIM card you use.

If you're looking for something else, such as moving your phone service entirely from Public Mobile over to AT&T, unfortunately you can't move phone services across the border.  You can move/port your number in between carriers within Canada, but not if you're crossing the border into the US.

So if you have other intents/needs, let us know with more details, but hope one of our posts here have helped?  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TeresaU : Your phone might not be set on automatic. In Samsung Android land - Settings/Connections/Mobile networks/Network operators.

Be sure to turn on data roaming as well if you bought data roaming.

Edit: Oh. Triguy might have a reasonable interpretation if the above is not what you want.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have a single sim phone then you would need to turn off your phone and remove your PM sim with the AT&T one.  If you have a dual sim phone then in the second slot then insert your AT&T sim.

Do you have a plan with AT&T or did you purchase a US roaming add-on from PM ?

Need Help? Let's chat.