cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make sure I don't lose my LTE account?

PDub
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all. I signed up four years ago with the "old LTE" plan but I'm thinking of either switching providers or possibly switching to PM's "new 3G" plan. I want to make sure I don't lose my old LTE account. I auto-prepay every 90 days. What happens if I don't renew for the next period which starts next week -- do I automatically lose my old LTE account after some period of time? Or will it always be there patiently waiting for me to reactivate? And while I have your attention, how would I convert the old LTE plan for a new 3G plan? 

thanks.

EDIT: in addition to answers below, here's two threads which answer my question in detail and should be read instead of relying on what's in this thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Changing-a-grandfathered-plan-how-to-ke...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

6 REPLIES 6

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@PDub wrote:

Hi all. I signed up four years ago with the "old LTE" plan but I'm thinking of either switching providers or possibly switching to PM's "new 3G" plan. I want to make sure I don't lose my old LTE account. I auto-prepay every 90 days. What happens if I don't renew for the next period which starts next week -- do I automatically lose my old LTE account after some period of time? Or will it always be there patiently waiting for me to reactivate? And while I have your attention, how would I convert the old LTE plan for a new 3G plan? 

thanks.

EDIT: in addition to answers below, here's two threads which answer my question in detail and should be read instead of relying on what's in this thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Changing-a-grandfathered-plan-how-to-ke...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

@PDub, there is nothing wrong with any of the answers provided in this thread to your original post.  It’s great you found other posts explaining how the 3G speed plans, and the full speed LTE work, but saying those threads are better than the answers you received here is quite frankly rude.

I ve granted the solution to @Dunkman, as their answer, and @sheytoon‘s were the answers that were correct.

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@PDub 

I recently switched from LTE to 3G, and I don't even notice a speed difference 😄

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@PDub wrote:

Got it, thanks. Yeah, probably doesn't really matter losting the LTE plan but I just have an impulse to retain what's no longer available. But I admit that everything I have read so far says I won't notice any difference with the 3G speeds given my usage.

3G is pretty good. I been using 3G for 4 years now it's pretty good. You won't be disappointed.

PDub
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got it, thanks. Yeah, probably doesn't really matter losting the LTE plan but I just have an impulse to retain what's no longer available. But I admit that everything I have read so far says I won't notice any difference with the 3G speeds given my usage.

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

I believe once your account is suspended, you can reactivate within 90 days. After that it's gone forever.

In terms of converting your LTE plan to a 3G plan, you can do that at any time, but once it's done, you won't be able to get your LTE plan back.

Why do you want to keep it if you're looking to switch to a 3G plan?

Edit: ninja'd by @Dunkman!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@PDub 

If you don't pay, your account will be suspended.  After 90 days of suspension, you LTE plan and number will be lost forever.  If you pay again within 90 days, your LTE plan will restart again. 

Your plan is grandfathered.  If you switch to any other plan, you will not be able to get your original plan back.  You can change plans via your self service account.  

Need Help? Let's chat.