cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change my account number?

roy_rogers
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am wondering how I can change my account number at PM. I intend on also changing the email address, phone number and account number in an effort to improve my security online.

I know this almost seems like overkill in protecting my information but I have reason to believe that this would be the best course of action. I do not want to change the account entirely because I do not want to lose the loyalty rewards/deals etc..  

10 REPLIES 10

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@roy_rogers wrote:

I am wondering how I can change my account number at PM. I intend on also changing the email address, phone number and account number in an effort to improve my security online.

I know this almost seems like overkill in protecting my information but I have reason to believe that this would be the best course of action. I do not want to change the account entirely because I do not want to lose the loyalty rewards/deals etc..  

@roy_rogers yeah, changing the account is a tough one.

But if you have been compromised in some way and feel unsafe, I suppose you could plead your case to the Moderators. They could probably do it on their end and move all info (rewards, etc.) to a new account, but don't count on this part.

Good Luck!

@roy_rogers wrote:

The simple answer is that you can't change your account number. As indicated earlier, getting a new/different account number, would require a new account open.  If this is a matter of you believing that your account number has been exposed, it sounds as if you're hoping that that your balance, plan, and rewards would be maintained, but that would require a moderator to manually process that request. 

If someone were to attempt a port out of your phone number, they would need access to your phone approve the phone number transfer.

Hi @darlicious 

Yep - been awhile.  Just popping in for a quick check of things.  Wouldn't want to miss any freebies being gifted for a limited time. 

4 times of cycle number changes - wow that's something for those wanting to really mess up all their contacts. LOL

@HALIMACS 

Long time no see.....I had to double check the date of thread thinking it was a resurrected one. So long that you haven't heard that you can now change your number up to 4 times every 30 days.

@roy_rogers 

Unless you activate a new account you can't change your account #. If the purpose of your question is to beef up security of your account there are a few things you can do along with what had already been suggested.

1. Change your email (via the moderators)to a new email you have created specifically for your pm account. Do not share it with anyone.
  2. Slightly misspell your name ie. boy_robbers or change it entirely to say dale_evans just remember to use it when verifying your account and/or change it back before porting out.
  3. Use a strong password and/or change it on a regular basis along with your security question and answer. Just use a secure way of remembering them if you change them a lot.
  4. Always sign out of your community account and do not leave your device unattended.
  5. Delete all private messages in your community account that contain account info.
  6. Do not share any personal info on social media or the internet in general.

These will keep your account as secure as possible. Stay--Safe.

Why not just change:

Assuming you have not exposed your Pin# or Verfication Question/Answer

Your email address to be the one and only for PM

Change you password to something that is very difficult. 

And lastly maybe your phone number. But the above 2 would only be know to you. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@roy_rogers wrote:

Hi @roy_rogers 

You would need to activate a new SIM card to be assigned a new Account Number.   That would be overkill to enhance security unless you feel the number has been compromised.

You can change the account e-mail address and the phone number.   

Contact moderators for the e-mail address by clicking here and type moderator, then select contact moderator, then select other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts.

The phone number you can change yourself under self-serve My Profile, bottom right.  This can be changed once a cycle if you want.

Good luck!

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@roy_rogers  The only way to do all three is by opening a new account. Turn off autopay and remove your credit card from the current account and it will be deleted 90 days afetr your next payment date.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@roy_rogers wrote:

You will have to contact a moderator to change your email account. You can change your phone number in self service. I doubt a moderator will change your account number. The best security is a strong password (you can change occasionally in self service) and an email account dedicated only to Public Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@roy_rogers 

i don't think so you can change your account number but you have to ask customer service by Moderator Team

you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Service by Moderator Team,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.