cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I cancel autopay when out of country

crtraveler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Anyone know how I can cancel autopay on my phone, when I'm out of country without service and cannot get a confirmation code to set up an account?

Is there a phone number I can call? I created a support ticket, but it's been more than a week without a single reply. 

8 REPLIES 8

@darlicious you meant the 1-866 number, right?  Thanks for catching that...

@crtraveler 

Did you check your private message box at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from a CSA?

Here's some additional info on account suspension if you can set up/gain access your self serve account.

Spoiler

Options for your account and service....

1. You can turn off autopay and allow the account to suspend at the of your current 30 day cycle but this is your least advantageous option. Pay and reactivate by day 85 or so.
  2. If you have an account balance that exceeds your plan amount then you need to suspend via the lost/stolen feature in your account before midnight eastern on the evening of your renewal. Then on day 85 or so resume your service to pay and reactivate.
  3. Suspending via lost/stolen before midnight eastern will keep your voicemail active allowing you retrieve voicemail and any verification sent by phone calls. However your rewards will not be applied to your account. Moderator contact after paying and reactivating is necessary to have the rewards applied manually.
  4. Voicemail can be accessed by calling your pm number from a different phone by calling your phone # and pressing * once connected and entering your 4 digit voicemail pin #.
  5. If you don't have an account balance or enough balance to cover your plan amount you can suspend via lost/stolen after midnight but before 2 am eastern on the day of your renewal. Once your rewards have been applied (usually by 12:15 am et) then suspend your account. Voicemail access will be lost.
  6. Switching to the $15 plan with rewards helping to cover a partial or full amount of your plan allows you to call forward your pm number to your fongo number. Be sure to perform all call forwarding while in Canada. Now any incoming calling to your pm number will ring thru to your fongo number while on wifi or mobile data (w/a local or global sim card) You can access your fongo voicemail for all voicemail messages.

Most important mark on your calendar day 85 of your suspension and day 90. Do not forget when you must unsuspend your account via lost/stolen and/or pay and reactivate your service so you don't lose your phone number and account. Happy travels!

@hTideGnow 

Maybe you want to edit your typo?

@crtraveler wrote:

Is there are a non 1-800 to call, as that one probably won't work outside of Canada, let alone outside of North America.

@crtraveler  Download either TextNow or Fongo on your phone.  They are VoIP.  During registration, you can pick a phone number.  Once setup, you can call the 1-866 1-855 number without issue and can complete the disabling for Autopay

However, you will need your PIN for this.  Do you remember the 4 digits PIN?

@crtraveler wrote:

Is there are a non 1-800 to call, as that one probably won't work outside of Canada, let alone outside of North America.

@crtraveler 

Have you tried calling from a voip like Textnow?

@crtraveler wrote:

@crtraveler   No number to call unfortunately, everything is done online or via your 611 service.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@crtraveler wrote:

Hello,

Anyone know how I can cancel autopay on my phone, when I'm out of country without service and cannot get a confirmation code to set up an account?

Is there a phone number I can call? I created a support ticket, but it's been more than a week without a single reply. 

@crtraveler   If you're able to log into your self serve account via WIFI (make sure you create that before travelling), then you just need to remove the payment card or put your account into lost/stolen mode (Plans/Add-ons>Lost/Stolen>Suspend) if there is a balance equivalent to fund your account. 

Once the account is suspended, you'll have 90 days to make a payment before the number and account would be deactivated, so it's advised to top up and fund your account around day 85/86.  Also if you use the Lost/Stolen option, you'll need to Resume service to reactivate your account.

Here's a link to activate your account if not already done:  https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

crtraveler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@crtraveler wrote:

Hello,

@crtraveler 

You can call 1-855-4public from another phone, enter your phone number and get in to toggle autopay off BUT you have to know your PIN.

Need Help? Let's chat.