cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Public Mobile Rates

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ive been comparing plans was thinking of going to Public Mobile it seems othes have the same as the 50.00 mth plan for US and Canada calling with 8 GB or data.

So what is the advantage of Public Mobile since no call centre etc if other carriers offer similar?

8 REPLIES 8

anniemh2220

I have a dual SIM phone and I purchased the
"Big Gig" plan from Freedom mobile in November of 2017.
The plan includes nationwide talk and text, and 10GB of data at 4G speed, for $50/month. You aren't charged for anything extra unless you choose an add-on from the online menu.
I live in another city outside of Toronto and I haven't had any problems with coverage at all.
That being said, I have put my account on hold with them because I did choose to buy more add-ons and I want to pay my balance before the next cycle.
I'm frustrated that Public mobile only has online help especially since yesterday when, after paying the amount due on my account the night before, I didn't have any service until after midnight last night.
I posted my issue here last night using free wifi at a coffee shop, (I had to go to the coffee shop that is close but not close enough for me to walk to).
I was very frustrated, I want to be able to call 611 and talk to a real person when I'm having issues that I shouldn't have, and not have to go anywhere when it's freezing out just to find out why my plan didn't renew.
I like Public mobile, I have been with them since before about 2013 or 2014 when they still had stores.
I know there are people who are wondering why I couldn't speak to someone when I called 611. I was able to when I had my first phone number, unfortunately I let my account lapse (although it wasn't longer than 90 days but I was told it was) and I had to purchase a new SIM card and get a new phone number last year.
I think every network has issues of one kind or another, I obviously like Public mobile or I wouldn't still be with them but, as I have mentioned before I really would like to be able to talk to a live person when I am having problems with my account.
☺️

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Patrick_R 

1.  PM is a prepaid service.  You will not be any overage charge.  i.e. it you don't pay upfront for a feature, you will not be charged.  PM is great for the parent to keep the cost under control on teenager phone plan.

2.  PM does not have pay-per-use charge like Chatr who takes money from your account to pay for roaming charge etc.

3.  For the plans which do not have data, you can still send and receive MMS picture message without data and no additional charge.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Patrick_R, the biggest difference with Public Mobile compared to Freedom is the network.  You get access to a nation wide network that has great coverage as compared to a tiny network with major coverage holes even in major cities. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

You need to be prepare @Patrick_R with no call center...but help with the community...it can take up to 2 days to have answers...and problems fixed. But if you like to do your things by yourself and want cheap price and rewards...you are very welcome to public mobile.Smiley Happy

powerg21

Particupate in the community and get to know your fellow PM users. Learn and help out when you can.  Get rewarded at the same time.  Have fun! 

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If no friends can be referred, you still get $2 if you set up auto pay..

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

One of the biggest perks is that there are lots of ways you can get money off your bill. Here is a better look at the rewards you can get here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/General-Reward-Rules/ta-p/164

Even though there isn't a phone number you can call you can often get help from the community faster then you would phoning a call center, and there are moderators you can send a message to if there are problems with your account. And you can make changes to your account yourself in minutes rather than waiting hours on hold.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Patrick_R wrote:

Ive been comparing plans was thinking of going to Public Mobile it seems othes have the same as the 50.00 mth plan for US and Canada calling with 8 GB or data.

So what is the advantage of Public Mobile since no call centre etc if other carriers offer similar?

@Patrick_R 

Rewards...referal bonuses...make a big difference..

Need Help? Let's chat.