cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I fixed porting my mobile number and profile/account creation

renof
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was walking around with 2 phones as my Rogers Sim was still working and PM was only receiving texts.  I was was in Limbo as I waited for a moderator. Until I figured it out and the Port was complete.  .

The fix for me...

1.  On PM website top right hand corner I clicked on MY Account

2.  On the right click on Create Account

3.  Put in the phone number you tried to port over from your old carrier

4.  If the number indeed was ported, you'll get a message that says click to send verification.

if the number wasn't ported, you'll get the following error The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already.  I cannot help you if you get this message and you cannot move on to step 5 below.

5.  If your number did port, but was in limbo.  Put the PM sim in your phone and within a second or 2 you'll should get a text from PM with a verification code

6.  Back on PM website, fill in the code you received on your phone.

7.  Click Continue and the next tab will ask to create account.

8.  Use the email address you used when you created the account when you signed up to the promotion.  I used that email address, but any email address will work to create profile.

9. Type in a new password.

10.  It will say account has been created.

11.  Now Click on MY Account, fill in the fields username name and password you just created

12.  Once I logged in, I saw that my number had actually been ported.  It hadn't worked previously because I guess I never had an account/profile on PM website.   Once I logged in, I did see payment had gone through, my phone number had been ported and within 5 minutes, the PM sim started working receiving text, incoming and outgoing calls began.  Rogers sim stopped working within 20 minutes.

All I noticed was autopay wasn't enabled.  I enabled it and now I'm working on PM.

Hope this helps anyone else.

12 REPLIES 12

Great post. Thanks @renof

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
You have a failed port, you'll need to contact a mod. Just keep using the Rogers sim until the issue is fixed.

Kaganhsiung

I have completed 1 to 12 below. Everything seems to be set up on PM but still can't receive incoming calls and Roger tells me that my number is still active on there side. Wired. What now? I don't want to be paying on both side. Please advise. 

oilblue99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for posting these self registration steps renof!

Note for anyone reading, they might work for new numbers too--not just ports--based on this post (see the Definitions section). Of course then you need to have made a note of the assigned number...but still, could work.

Great job detailing things!

Rockdaddy22
To avoid porting issues use account number instead of pin or imei

reh

@Shazia_K have tried this solution and cannot get to step #5

@renof wish that this would have worked for me!

reh

@Shazia_K have tried this solution and cannot get to step #5

@renof - wish that this would have worked for me!

philsam

I had a porting issue from a week ago, that I solved after 3 days. Mods contacted me about 4 days after I logged the issue via private message.

My wife (line1) and I (line2) have both our numbers with Rogers. This is what I did:

1. Nov 15 - Activated my PM sim, and ported line1 from Rogers. Provided my Rogers PIN (did not bother with IMEI and AccountNumber).
  2. Port failed. When using PM SIM, Outgoing calls, outgoing text, and data work. No incoming calls and SMS. Incoming calls go to Rogers VM.
  3. Sent private message to 3 mods separately. I did not know then that private messages to Mods actually can be accessed by all mods, so no need to send separate messages.
  4. Nov 16 - Replaced PM SIM with Rogers SIM. Rogers line is still active.
  5. Nov. 18 - Logged in to Public Mobile  MyAccount. Clicked on Plans and Add-ons > Change Phone Number. Tried porting line1 again, but I get an error when I click on Check Eligibility. So I ported line2, providing my Rogers account number and IMEI number. That port worked.

For those with porting issue, first check if your line is still active with your previous provider. Then you might want to Change your PM phone number temporarily so you can have incoming calls and text. If you have call forwarding in your other provider's plan, forward all your calls to your new PM number.

jptcooney
I followed the exact same procedure as well by chance today.

My PM account is set up now, but incoming text and calling is still not working (better than nothing though!). Other posts on the community say that the incoming text/voice issue has to be resolved by a mod via private msg, in case this has happened to anyone else

On a side note, for those who waited for their number to be activated like me, check your renewal date once you get access to your account. Mine was set to the original date where initially (unsuccessfully) tried to activate my SIM , rather than when my account was created and got PM service. I haven't been contacted by a mod yet, but this is something that should be adjusted accordingly... every dollar counts !

borvanov
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was able to activate my account on PM but all calls are still coming to Rogers phone.

oadest

Did the exact same thing; still nothing.

Rockdaddy22
That's awesome
Welcome to the PM family:)
Need Help? Let's chat.