cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Metatrix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Hotspot does not work.

"Maybe screenshot your APN settings.  There might be a few suggestions about adjustments."

Well, the public mobile APN settings for Samsung galaxy s7 are quite clear. Also, between adding dun, changing the MVNO, and checking the correct spelling and casing of everything, there is nothing so deep in the APN settings that my hours of tweaking and following extensives posts about it would have missed, really.

"If you tried everything and nobody else in the community has any better ideas, you might want to submit ticket for moderator assistance.  

Click on the chat bubble icon on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: hotspot issue. Follow the prompts to submit ticket. "

Yeah thanks, I guess I'll try that this might be my last straw.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Metatrix 

It sounds like its your sim card that is the problem. Have you had it awhile?That seems to be the one factor that you haven't been able to get around. The moderators can reset your account and reprovision the sim card to see if that changes anything.

Sim cards are currently $4.99 at CCS so replacing your sim card could solve the issue but I can't say for sure. If it does resolve the issue after asking the moderators to do everything on their end then you could ask for a credit on your account. (save the reciept)

Metatrix

You should read the link I posted on my original post. It is a thread that has many solutions to this problem, and it has been solved for many people, one of them might work for you. 

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@Metatrix 

I can confirm that my hotspot is working on my laptop. so pm in general is not the issue...

APN settings.png

APN settings 2.png

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@Metatrix screenshot your mobile hotspot settings so we can see what they look like

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Can you try different phone? A relative of mine couldn't do it on umidigi they had to borrow a nokia and had no issues

Metatrix

I have tried virtually every possible mobile hotspot configuration.

Please read the linked thread I provided in my original post, and consider that I have very calmly and carefully tried everything related to the APN that could be directly or indirectly pointed to in there.

Then please consider that I have spent days not just tweaking, but also understanding what Access Point Networks are and what their various categories are.

Then consider that I have mentioned this in my previous post because I was foreseeing that people would suggest simple things that I have done many times and that I do not want to spend time doing all those things again and therefore have given sufficient information for people to realize exactly where I am at in this process.

Then considering all this, if you still think you have an angle on my problem that has to do with the APN settings, and that it has never been mentioned before, then please tell me what this angle is.

People have suggested many APN tweaks in previous threads and I have tried them all. Please, go look at those and come back 🙂

Thank you for your willingness to help.

Metatrix

I cannot at the moment, because I don't have access to another phone.

I could try for troubleshooting purposes, but it wouldn't help much even if I can make it work on some other phone. Because I do not intend to change my phone in order to stay with public mobile. If I had a cheap phone I would consider it, but I paid too much for it.

I'd rather go with Videotron, I tried their SIM card and I can hotspot their internet without any problems.

Metatrix

Good thinking, but it's not that. I tried my friend's phone (he is with PM) and it had the same problem, even though his SIM card is brand new (like 3 weeks old)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Metatrix 

Have you gone thru samsung's step by step guide on how to set it up? I have had no issues in the past hotspotting my data from my A3 to my tablet. But I'm no techie so I had to follow it carefully....and remember to turn my data saver off before doing so....

Need Help? Let's chat.