cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hoping this isn't another issue

dabr
Mayor / Maire

So just checked our second account ($10 plan) which was renewed overnight that seems to be having some issues.   Payment went through okay, however, the account minute usage never got reset to zero.  So currently it's showing 35/50 mins used of which 33 minutes were used in the previous cycle.

I've tried the lost/stolen trick but no joy!  Also sent moderators private message explaining the situation and asked for a reset on the account.  Will update when it gets resolved, hopefully before the usage gets to 50/50!

My main concern right now is that this isn't a new issue/glitch for PM.

23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

Very curious my post has indeed disappeared:) I tried to do edit (spacing) which was accepted and now gone.  Good to hear no issues on your renewal but almost might have been worth it to get the data though eh:)

If you do several rapid edits then it disappears. Free data is always nice.

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

Another update:  Just checked the account and for some reason there's a bonus of 500 mb data there with no explanation (this is the $10 plan).  As nice as this is it's kind of superflous on that account as it's a flip phone and only needed for infrequent calls. 

Oh man! You got me all excited. I go to look and no data for me on either the $10 or old $15 plans. 😞

🙂

Edit: @dabr: your post disappeared and then my reply got clobbered. My old $15 plan renewed fine last night. My $10 plan renews tomorrow night.

I've not had any of the problems reported. But then I barely use my phone so I might be unknowingly affected.

Very curious my post has indeed disappeared:) I tried to do edit (spacing) which was accepted and now gone.  Good to hear no issues on your renewal but almost might have been worth it to get the data though eh:)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

Another update:  Just checked the account and for some reason there's a bonus of 500 mb data there with no explanation (this is the $10 plan).  As nice as this is it's kind of superflous on that account as it's a flip phone and only needed for infrequent calls. 

Oh man! You got me all excited. I go to look and no data for me on either the $10 or old $15 plans. 😞

🙂

Edit: @dabr: your post disappeared and then my reply got clobbered. My old $15 plan renewed fine last night. My $10 plan renews tomorrow night.

I've not had any of the problems reported. But then I barely use my phone so I might be unknowingly affected.

@geopublic wrote:

@dabr wrote:

Wonder if I ask ever so nicely the moderators will transfer this to my $15 plan:)

Also finally got a response from the moderators just stating no changes have been made to the account and to get in touch for further issues.  I think they were responding to my second message telling them the problem is resolved.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Fix-in-progress-Plan-data-not-renewing/...

Aha! thanks @geopublic  I didn't see that explanation, but like I said it's a bit pointless for our needs on that plan, maybe bonus minutes (non expiry kind) would be more useful.

However, appreciate PM has offered something for the problems being experienced.

@dabr wrote:

Wonder if I ask ever so nicely the moderators will transfer this to my $15 plan:)

Also finally got a response from the moderators just stating no changes have been made to the account and to get in touch for further issues.  I think they were responding to my second message telling them the problem is resolved.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Fix-in-progress-Plan-data-not-renewing/...

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

I tried the lost/stolen method because it seems like it resets the account as suggested by others...when I tried that yesterday morning I actually didn't have the phone affected to reboot  it (family member's phone), and then forgot about it until later yesterday evening when nothing had changed in the account attached to the phone.  So now I'm curious if both reporting and finding phone, plus rebooting need to be always done.

The "procedure" needs the reboot as part of the reset. *Maybe* airplane mode is enough. Dunno. The phone needs to pick up the re-programmed services.

@geopublic wrote:

@dabr wrote:

I do have another question, since there's still no response from the moderators, is there any way to cancel the original request since my issue is resolved...especially since there are many problems that haven't been fixed for them to attend to.  Would appreciate an answer if anyone knows how to do this.  Thanks.

@dabr  I would just send another PM asking the moderators to ignore previous PM because it's been solved.

Okay thanks will do.

@dabr wrote:

I do have another question, since there's still no response from the moderators, is there any way to cancel the original request since my issue is resolved...especially since there are many problems that haven't been fixed for them to attend to.  Would appreciate an answer if anyone knows how to do this.  Thanks.

@dabr  I would just send another PM asking the moderators to ignore previous PM because it's been solved.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

From a former IT Helpdesk support clerk... Have you turned it off and back on again?

I hate when that is the solution.  Glad you're back to normal with your phone plan.

Yes I did turn the phone off and then back on before logging back into the account, which to me implies doing the lost phone trick needs the phone reboot too.

This somewhat confuses me. If you knew about the lost/stolen method then it would have said to restart during the process. But it's all working for you now so all good.

I tried the lost/stolen method because it seems like it resets the account as suggested by others...when I tried that yesterday morning I actually didn't have the phone affected to reboot  it (family member's phone), and then forgot about it until later yesterday evening when nothing had changed in the account attached to the phone.  So now I'm curious if both reporting and finding phone, plus rebooting need to be always done.

Just to clarify there was no prompt to restart phone or anything during the lost/found process that I can recall.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

From a former IT Helpdesk support clerk... Have you turned it off and back on again?

I hate when that is the solution.  Glad you're back to normal with your phone plan.

Yes I did turn the phone off and then back on before logging back into the account, which to me implies doing the lost phone trick needs the phone reboot too.

This somewhat confuses me. If you knew about the lost/stolen method then it would have said to restart during the process. But it's all working for you now so all good.

@stonechucker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

Update to my earlier issue: I haven't received a response from the mods yet nor did my account minutes get reset to zero during the day. 

I had mentioned in my earlier post that I had done the lost phone procedure without success, however, I forgot one part of that which was to reboot the phone (something I've advised others to do in the community forum).   After rebooting I logged back into my account and voila everything has been reset to a new cycle.  So really happy that it was fairly easy and speedy fix had I just followed all the instructions properly.

Hopefully this information might help others having a similar problem.

Phew.

But really...none of that should have been necessary.

Glad to hear though.

Yes just relieved!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

Update to my earlier issue: I haven't received a response from the mods yet nor did my account minutes get reset to zero during the day. 

I had mentioned in my earlier post that I had done the lost phone procedure without success, however, I forgot one part of that which was to reboot the phone (something I've advised others to do in the community forum).   After rebooting I logged back into my account and voila everything has been reset to a new cycle.  So really happy that it was fairly easy and speedy fix had I just followed all the instructions properly.

Phew.

But really...none of that should have been necessary.

Glad to hear though.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@will13am wrote:

It is perhaps a new glitch.  A colleague renewed his $15 plan today and the data counter did not reset to 0.  I have a suspicious feeling these limited usage plans are wreaking havoc with everything and now the contagion has gone into the data counter which all plans have.  I guess when you hit rock bottom, the next step is to dig deeper. 

So are the moderators aware of this new issue?  It does feel like one problem after another lately.  Luckily we still have the use of our phone services at least unlike a lot of other people.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It is perhaps a new glitch.  A colleague renewed his $15 plan today and the data counter did not reset to 0.  I have a suspicious feeling these limited usage plans are wreaking havoc with everything and now the contagion has gone into the data counter which all plans have.  I guess when you hit rock bottom, the next step is to dig deeper. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@dabr wrote:

So just checked our second account ($10 plan) which was renewed overnight that seems to be having some issues.   Payment went through okay, however, the account minute usage never got reset to zero.  So currently it's showing 35/50 mins used of which 33 minutes were used in the previous cycle.

I've tried the lost/stolen trick but no joy!  Also sent moderators private message explaining the situation and asked for a reset on the account.  Will update when it gets resolved, hopefully before the usage gets to 50/50!

@dabr yeah by now it should have reset.  I would say check again in a few hours and if it still hasn't been reset, reach out to the moderator team via private message for assistance.

@srlawrenThanks, hopefully, you're right and it will reset itself in a few hours...will check it later today. 

Are you still seeing suspended and plan expired...but services are still working? Or is it that the minutes didn't get reset? That really should've happened at midnight.

I'm concerned. I have two accounts. One on the $10 plan and the other on the original $15. Both are coming up in the next couple days.

The account shows active.  The payment is showing pending on my cc and payment applied overnight in the account is correct too. It is the minutes only which don't seem to be reset.

Haven't had any issues like this before, so like you now I'm worried about my $15 plan which is scheduled to be updated to the 'new' $15 plan in a couple of weeks time.  Hopefully, it'll be sorted before then.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@dabr yeah by now it should have reset.  I would say check again in a few hours and if it still hasn't been reset, reach out to the moderator team via private message for assistance.

@srlawrenThanks, hopefully, you're right and it will reset itself in a few hours...will check it later today. 

Are you still seeing suspended and plan expired...but services are still working? Or is it that the minutes didn't get reset? That really should've happened at midnight.

I'm concerned. I have two accounts. One on the $10 plan and the other on the original $15. Both are coming up in the next couple days.

@srlawren wrote:

@dabr wrote:

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dabr wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.