cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding Sensitive Information

ecowen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is kind of a dumb question.  When people take a screenshot to include in a post, how are they able to wipe out phone numbers etc. that they don't want readers to see?

14 REPLIES 14

You'll love every minute of it @darlicious . It's so easy and you can really produce some professional looking stuff in less than a minute. I also spend a few extra minutes on some more common solutions and save them to a folder on my desktop called PMstuff.

These creations are just a couple of clicks away with the system PM provides community members. I recently discovered the "blur" box which is an awesome choice for personal information. 

@ChuckYeah  Oh boy! A whole new learning curve. I'm not sure if im ready for this....

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Been there, done that. Try Nimbus Screenshot. You won't be sorry. Easy and awesome!

Might have to look into that, although I RARELY use Chrome..... I prefer FireFox, although I expect if that one isn't available for FF, it probably has it's own similar add-on. 🤔 

@Anonymous wrote:

MS Paint baby!

🙂

No really.

😁  I hear ya - I've used that several times before too.... it's handy, and intuitive enough. 👍 

@Anonymous wrote:

MS Paint baby!

🙂

No really.

Been there, done that. Try Nimbus Screenshot. You won't be sorry. Easy and awesome!

Anonymous
Not applicable

MS Paint baby!

🙂

No really.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

All within your Chrome Browser. I use mine on my PC. Not sure how it would work on a phone.

Yeah, I use my 'puter as well, but in my case, I use Windows7's snipping tool.

I just use my phone. Take screen shot of what you want. Go to your gallery open screenshot and click "edit" depending on your phone you should have different features to edit the screenshot.

Screenshot_20191230_171530_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@ecowen I use something called Nimbus Screenshot. It's a Chrome extension. If you want a quick tutorial, let me know. I love to share my limited skills.

All within your Chrome Browser. I use mine on my PC. Not sure how it would work on a phone.

testnimbus.png

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@ecowen I use something called Nimbus Screenshot. It's a Chrome extension. If you want a quick tutorial, let me know. I love to share my limited skills.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @ecowen 

I usually zoom out

But you can also edit the file then take screenshot

@ecowen wrote:

This is kind of a dumb question.  When people take a screenshot to include in a post, how are they able to wipe out phone numbers etc. that they don't want readers to see?

Before uploading, members are altering the photo using some form of photo editing software.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

Depends on where they're getting the screenshots from - their phone or their computer....

Need Help? Let's chat.