cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here's what I mentioned to PM Team during Coffee

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. Here's what I talked to PM, and the info I received, so that everyone can have some comprehensive understanding:

Tri-Sims, when broken into different sizes, can be put back to any size if you switch handsets so that ppl don't need to order correct size Sims again, that the Sims have ability for Tablet use, so that is taken care of, NFC Sims, though not available, depending on conditions, perhaps later, but not core focus.

Online banking already exists, in form of Visa or MC Debits, so the need for Online pay is really necessary.

The Support stuff, though mainly Community-focused, is always evolving, and PM is certainly analyzing what methods can be utilized to improve technical support more effectively. Now I did suggested to them that having 3 separate Access Point Names (APN) for BB, Android and Apple, so that ppl can find them more readily, with all necessary steps to edit settings, which is important, as ppl sometimes forget to edit APN settings to fully enable Txt and stuff.

I also suggested to them on maybe using YT or video for most to certain basic to intermediate troubleshooting tips and hints, while leaving the more sophisticated and complex issues to the pros.

This way, eases the strain and pressures a bit. This is I believe the only way for this concept to fully work, so that PM doesn't fail. I fully support PM in its entirety.

In regards to SMS Premium Short Codes Premium messaging, how it works for thefee-based ones is that they bill PM 90 days after ppl use them, so that's why its complicated to implement them, but they're really open to the Wallet concept, as the Wallet does have some usefullness, so SMS Short Codes has some chance of becoming a reality, but it depends on how flexible the owners of the codes themselves are really, lets hope that this can happen. Now I did say, if a Short Code was $10 example, per txt, then that would be outrageous, but if fee was max $1 per txt, then that maybe more palatable, to be fair for all.

The ability to use our Handsets outside Canada, that is something that PM still debates, Now they did say to me that in the honesty, Yes, they wish they can offer them, not as simple, but Not entirely impossible. Roaming is something that would be more like perhaps later on down the road when the Core issues are fully resolved, and clients are happy with service so far. Not saying its a guaranteed slamdunk, but certainly not ruled out, depends on all scenarios. If PM did offer this and International Txt, and Fees were within reason, then this maybe a fair win, Not saying it will be as cheap as, Roam Moby or Roam newbie, but if fees were within reason, and were treated more in line as an Add-On, and never expires, then in long-run, more cost-effective, one could stretch it and get the most use. Roam Moby and the others don't have such, always has expirey, and if not renewed on time, Out to the Store for Sim's Clone # whatever. Plus, when you cross border, signal does cut out, as it only works in US, Not saying anything negative, just the facts. Though the discussion was very productive, and really enjoyed the fruitfulness of understanding how the industry works. 

International Txt is being explored, as a PM teamster told me, so there's always the chance of great improvements.

I believe fully that if you want PM to understand what you wish to see, your concerns, inquiries, etc, I urge you, when and if PM does do these type of things, I urge you to take the time to attend. When you do your part, you are helping not just a carrier, you're helping your fellow PM community members out as well. That is what matters. That's why PM is the best Co-operative carrier we all deserve, and anticipate the PM touch.

Mansi_G, Jeremy_M, Moid_l and those who were at the Coffee thing, I thank you for that invite seminar.

PM should do this more, as I believe you can't fully get the connection from a PC where in-person has.

Thanks again for that. 

5 REPLIES 5

Ah, Thanks @chukdefatey. Did not know that. Also @Jeremy_M, the experience was awesome. Hope to see what comes next

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@makkahn28

It was truly a pleasure meeting you as well! hopefully the next time we can have more people come! We will try and do this on a regular basis as well.

Cheers,

Jeremy_M

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^But the actual APN is the same for all devices.

BB, Android and Apple all seem to have a slightly different structure, Unless its all the same. Is the APN info for BB, Apple and Android all the same, or slightly different? Was only mentioning this, ppl either put wrong APN in Wrong Handset is, So if you have a Samsung 5, and you put the BB APN in that phone, Example.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^Not sure why even you mentioned the Multi-Format sims, Thanks to me Tri-Sims are already in existence and a bunch of community members got them for free to test them out, I was the first one to receive them because it was my idea that was implemented. Now about the APN why should there be a different APN for different OS, it makes no sense what so ever it will just confuse people even more. Everything else I agree with
Need Help? Let's chat.