cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helping Family Member in Need

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi friends would like your expert advice, I would like to help a older family member not from same house, she is with bell,  i would like to port her phone number to PM, ill set up sim in her phone, is that possible, if she gives me her account number from bell, or she is the one who has to port her self. your thoughts please, i would like to pay for her account.

11 REPLIES 11

@fdrcamb519 

I helped out my brother in law to activate just before a promo expired (did it with about 10 minutes to spare.) London drugs was offering a free sim card as well so I hopped on my bike and rode down to their location. He gave me his email address and a few details and I had the sim card activated with a temporary number. I wrote down his security question and answer, pin#, password, email etc....on the card that came with the sim. I registered my credit card for autopay and paid for his first month. I tested the sim card in my phone to make sure it was working and both phoned and texted his phone so he had the temporary phone number and his pin# in a text. His brother dropped off the sim/card (w/info) the next day and his fiancee changed the card in the account  and e-transferred me the plan cost. I helped them port his virgin number in the next day.

Mutual trust = mutual benefit. And it's family....i text when there's a contest or a freebie to be had.

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

If I keep my name in new account and porting number in (sister) under my name even though ill have her info, new account has my name, wonder if it will, work,or use her name, but one day, if i want to keep, that, number it would already,be in my name, wonder if makes sense, guys.

In self service you can change to whatever name you want anytime. 

fdrcamb519

If I keep my name in new account and porting number in (sister) under my name even though ill have her info, new account has my name, wonder if it will, work,or use her name, but one day, if i want to keep, that, number it would already,be in my name, wonder if makes sense, guys.

@fdrcamb519 wrote:

the account can be in mine name, no problem porting number from bell to PM, with account number, names are different.???

You can use whatever name on your PM account.

fdrcamb519

the account can be in mine name, no problem porting number from bell to PM, with account number, names are different.???

fdrcamb519

She is my sister, I asked her o check with her kids if they agree, with me doing that, thank you. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519  once you have authorization to port the number you can do it. Given the current situation this will be tricky. You have to activate the SIM, port the number, test the number, get the sim back into the phone, unless you are putting it into a new one, and dropping it off into her mailbox. Good kuck. Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

And your referral code! 🙂

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519 Hi you will need a PM sim of course As long as she gives you all the information there’s no reason why you can’t help her set it up and don’t forget the auto pay for an extra two dollars  off

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's tricky. I would make sure there are other family member witnesses and that they understand what it means. And of course that that family member understands.

You could also just kinda hand-hold them through the process. But certainly lots of people here "manage" multiple accounts.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@fdrcamb519 Hi you will need a PM sim of course As long as she gives you all the information there’s no reason why you can’t help her set it up

Need Help? Let's chat.