cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help lol

Sspaul01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an iPhone and I’m new to Public Mobile, when I got my SIM card and account activated I had the same number as someone else. I was receiving their text messages and I wasn’t getting mine. 
So i changed my number and it isn’t verified, it won’t connect with my Apple ID/iMessage and FaceTime, I spoke with Apple Support 6 times and it’s my phone carrier problem. 

3 REPLIES 3

419mainstreet
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Before attempting what was mentioned below I would  try switching the cellular radio off in the iphone settings, restart the phone, and switch the cellular radio back on. 

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

One of my family members had the same problem.  Make sure you have your iphone account backed up.  What I did was that I rebooted the phone from brand new condition and started from scratch (new iphone conditon) to fix that problem

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Sspaul01 

On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out. Then go to Settings > FaceTime, select your Apple ID and tap Sign Out.
If the phone number that you want to remove belongs to an iPhone that you can't access, change your Apple ID password. This removes all phone numbers from your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. Calls or messages for the removed numbers won't appear on those devices anymore

Sign out of every Apple service and device that uses your Apple ID, except the one you're using to change your Apple ID.
Go to Settings > [your name] > Name, Phone Numbers, Email.
Next to Reachable At, tap Edit > Delete.
Tap Continue and follow the instructions.
After you enter the mobile phone number that you want to use as your Apple ID, a verification code is sent to you at that number. Enter the verification code from the text into the fields provided.
Sign back in to all Apple services with your new Apple ID.

Need Help? Let's chat.