cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Help] Not Recieving Texts

MikePresman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just ported my number successfully.

I am able to make calls, send texts (the other person gets them) but when they reply I don't get them. As such how can I resolve the fact that I am not receiving texts?

Device: Android Samsung S9

14 REPLIES 14

@MikePresman wrote:

I left my previous carrier months ago; so I got no text.

If you cancelled your previous carrier, your port will fail. Previous service must be ACTIVE to succeed.

You will need to re-activate your service with Bell if you really want to keep your previous number, and then contact the Public Mobile moderators to re-try the port - which will trigger a cancellation of the service from the losing carrier.

If you do NOT want to re-activate with Bell, you must choose a new number from Public Mobile.

Porting is for transferring the routing of incoming calls & texts.

@MikePresman 

How long ago did you activate your pm account? The industry wide fraudulent port protection security came into effect at the beginning of February this year. From that date forward customers had to reply YES within 90 minutes of recieving the SMS porting authorization text from your previous provider. 

A successful port would have closed your previous account. Did you cancel or close your account with bell? Did you recieve a final bill? It could still be open but be in arrears. In the meantime contact the moderators to set you up with a temporary number while you sort out whether you can still port your number in to your pm account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MikePresman wrote:

If my bell account was closed how come calling and sending texts works?

@MikePresman : Did you close the account? Or did it close from the porting attempt? Or is it still active? When numbers are ported, the account takes on that number temporarily and works for outgoing. If the port fails then you're in a bit of a limbo.

The source account needs to be active, you need to re-insert the old SIM, you need to make that call, then you need to confirm the text. Then you re-insert the new SIM.

@MikePresman wrote:

With porting it is always the case.

When you request port into PM, before the process is completed, sending out from PM (voice or text) will ALWAYS work.  It is only incoming might be an issue until the port is Completed.

Once the port is completed, your old carrier 's account will be closed.  So, if your Bell account is still showing active, if you can make OUTGOING calls and text and jut NOT RECEIVING incoming, it means the porting is NOT completed. 

Check the private message I sent you, call that phone number and see what porting team says

MikePresman

can't find that setting "enable chat features" on my phone.

MikePresman

@MikePresman  You properly missed the step.  This is a normal Porting step now to avoid your account being stolen.   

So, did you check if your Bell account is closed yet?  you still have your Bell SIM, you will need to do that process again.... 

You likely have to open a proper ticket with Mod.. but there is a Porting team hotline you can call and see if it they can just help on the phone ( but you need your Bell SIM ready).  I will private message you the phone number.  Check Community inbox (the envelop on the top right)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MikePresman 

if are you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

in order to transfer a phone number over to Public Mobile,

you have to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

Good luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

MikePresman

Did I ever? Sure when I was with bell.

Now with Public mobile I can call and send texts successfully but not receive any.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MikePresman : The previous account needs to be active to port out that number. (except from the Telus family)

If it was, then you needed to put that SIM back in to confirm the text.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MikePresman wrote:

Just ported my number successfully.

I am able to make calls, send texts (the other person gets them) but when they reply I don't get them. As such how can I resolve the fact that I am not receiving texts?

Device: Android Samsung S9

Hello @MikePresman 

Ensure chat features are turned off on your device:
  1. On your device, open Messages .
  2. At the top right, tap More. Settings.
  3. Tap Chat features.
  4. Toggle "Enable chat features" on or off.

@MikePresman    did you ever able to receive incoming calls and text?  just missed some or not at all?

MikePresman

I left my previous carrier months ago; so I got no text.

I'll try rebooting.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MikePresman   this is normal behaviour before the porting is fully completed.

First, did you get a SMS from your previous carrier confirming you are leaving and you replied YES within 90 mins?

If you have replied the text, your port should completed between 30 mins to 2 hours.  Just reboot your phone every 15 mins for update.

Need Help? Let's chat.