cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - 2 accounts disabled?

cazsmith
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Help - I just discovered that my 2 Public phone accounts have been disconnected. Could someone please help? I don't know why this happened and since my account has been disconnected I can't log in to my accounts.

Caroline

20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious , @cazsmith : "draft accounts' is a new terminology to me. Did you activate in store and did they have trouble? Did you have trouble activating yourself?

@cazsmith 

Understood..."ghost accounts" created usually when there is trouble activating and the same email be used overlaps and hides the accounts created by mistake. Well demand to know why they are holding your accounts hostage.

cazsmith

Thanks for your help, but that isn't the way it happened.

When I first noticed the extra withdrawals (there were 6 charges for 2 accounts), I contacted the Moderators. They told me that they had no record or indication of the extra charges. It was then that I went back to my bank and initiated the customer dispute for the extra charges only. I still paid for my two active accounts.  I contacted the Moderators again to let them know I had started the dispute and it was then that they told me that I had "draft accounts" that triggered the extra charges. Anyway, those issues regarding the withdrawals are resolved now. I would just like to have my phones active again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cazsmith : No. They charged you excess for services rendered. Did you not get any satisfaction from the moderators when that happened? Which then led you to doing the chargeback? Seems you (the bank) charged back everything so PM stopped the two accounts.

@cazsmith  let us know what Mod come back with.  As it happens on both account and you are not even able to logon Self-serve, it's hope your accounts are not compromised.

cazsmith

Well, to be clear, they weren't giving away services that weren't paid for. They charged me for services I didn't receive. The chargeback was a correction of that mistake. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cazsmith : While of course customers don't take kindly to companies seemingly taking money without authorization...so too do companies not like giving away services that aren't paid for. No company takes kindly to chargebacks.

@cazsmith 

You can recover your accounts....this is the one thing pm takes very seriously. But they are also very reasonable so just explain you didn't realize you were breaking the golden rule. You acted instinctually to protect your bank account. Just work with them to get to the bottom of the errant charges.

cazsmith

Wow! Okay, learn by experience, I guess. I wish I had been given a warning that this could happen though.

Thanks for your help, everyone. I'll let you know what happens. 

@cazsmith 

Because pm is prepaid when a customer requests a chargeback or disputes a payment pm often considers it as reneging on payment for prepaid services that have already been recieved. Even if the error is pm's fault if you did not make the refund or reimbursement from pm they take drastic measures such as you are experiencing with account and service deactivation.

Contact the moderators with the same info you presented your bank to request reimbursement and then figure out with them who is owed what and how much.....? They usually make you pay by vouchers to reclaim your accounts and phone numbers. They may owe you....

cazsmith

Thanks. I just realized that I still have the Moderator team contact info from my previous issue. I used that to contact them directly.

cazsmith

Yes, I was able to lodge a "customer dispute" through Visa and have the money repaid.

@cazsmith wrote:

I could try "forgot password" but I don't think that's the problem.

I tried to make a call this morning and got a message saying it couldn't go through. I checked my daughter's phone and same situation. Then I tried to log in to my Public account and got this message:

"Sorry ,your login has been disabled. Please visit the online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance."

Earlier this month I had issues with Public withdrawing too much money from my bank account because of "draft accounts" so I wonder if this is related somehow...

I wonder if your accounts may have been hijacked.  If you cannot reset the password to regain access, I suggest clicking on the chat symbol on the lower right corner of the webpage and initiating an support ticket.  

@cazsmith 

Did you request a chargeback from your bank?

cazsmith

My self serve account has been disabled. 

When I dial *611 it says "It says "Sorry, we're unable to process your request. Please visit publicmobile.ca/help for details."

This is particularly annoying because I had issues earlier this month with Public mistakenly withdrawing 3 times the amount they should've from my bank account. I wonder if the two issues are related somehow. 

cazsmith

It says "Sorry, we're unable to process your request. Please visit publicmobile.ca/help for details."

cazsmith

I could try "forgot password" but I don't think that's the problem.

I tried to make a call this morning and got a message saying it couldn't go through. I checked my daughter's phone and same situation. Then I tried to log in to my Public account and got this message:

"Sorry ,your login has been disabled. Please visit the online Community at publicmobile.ca/community for assistance."

Earlier this month I had issues with Public withdrawing too much money from my bank account because of "draft accounts" so I wonder if this is related somehow...

@cazsmith 

What message do you hear when you call 611 from your phone?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@cazsmith 

Did your autopay fail with recent plan renewal?  How long has your account been disabled?  If suspended more than 90 days, your account is permanently closed.  

You should still be able to access your self service account in suspended status.  What happens when you dial 611 on your phones?  You could manually load up funds equivalent to your plan's monthly cost. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@cazsmith   you can't even logon to Self-Serve?   you certain your credentials to logon?

did you try Forgot Password Button?

So, your phones are not working as all?

do you know if both accounts supposed to be renewed today or yesterday or last couple days?

Need Help? Let's chat.