cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello

Johnmitzas
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello community! I would like to know if it's possible to get a specific phone number. I used to own the number and I had gotten it with public mobile. The number is currently out of service. Thanks for the help!

15 REPLIES 15

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There is no option to choose a specific number. 

If that number is still un-assigned, you keep on checking in the drop down list by changing the area around.

@AE_Collector 

I suppose....there are a lot of nifty search tools in there. I just entered Montreal to bring up the area codes in surrounding communities. You can certainly use it to narrow down your search area or for a specific number.

@darlicious wrote:

@Johnmitzas 

This site has a section to allow you to enter your number and find the area it originates from and the provider that owns it (telus). Once you identify the area you can then search for it in the change number feature in your account.

https://www.npanxxsource.com/area-code-lookup.html

@Johnmitzas 
A bit late here, I think @darlicious meant to post this link to find the service area for your number. The link posted was actualy to find NPA-NNX available in a geographic area so more of a reverse search.

https://www.npanxxsource.com/nalennd.php

If you really did originally get the number from PM in 2010 you are one of PMs very first customers! I am not sure if it is an absolute NO from PM to search for a number or if there may be the odd exception depending on the CSA you get and the “case” you make. I know if I were to try that route I would certainly play up that you were one of PMs founding customers!

AE_Collector

Johnmitzas

Sounds good thank you for the reply!

@darlicious wrote:

@Meow wrote:

Every provider gets a set of phone numbers assigned to.

PM being subsidiary of Telus, numbers are assigned to Telus.

Your number being out of service might mean it is not assigned to anybody as of yet.

As suggested above, get your service active and then check daily for available numbers.

I do not know if contacting CRA might help (if you explain kindly what are you after) but if I were you, I would definitely contact them. You never know - you might get lucky and get 'your' number back!

@Meow 

As general rule pm will not help in number retrieval. But I will advise the OP that Canada's Revenue Agency absolutely will not help with this issue.😁

You are quite correct! Hate these acronyms... CSA, CSR, etc. I will call them MOD or agents from now on... 😇

@Meow wrote:

Your number being out of service might mean it is not assigned to anybody as of yet.

As suggested above, get your service active and then check daily for available numbers.

I do not know if contacting CRA might help (if you explain kindly what are you after) but if I were you, I would definitely contact them. You never know - you might get lucky and get 'your' number back!

@Meow 

As general rule pm will not help in number retrieval. But I will advise the OP that Canada's Revenue Agency absolutely will not help with this issue.😁

@Johnmitzas 

This site has a section to allow you to enter your number and find the area it originates from and the provider that owns it (telus). Once you identify the area you can then search for it in the change number feature in your account.

https://www.npanxxsource.com/area-code-lookup.html

Johnmitzas

Yes I got the number back in 2010 from public mobile. Thank you for the reply!

Johnmitzas

Thank you!

Johnmitzas

Johnmitzas

Thank you for the reply. I guess I will have to do that, thanks again!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Johnmitzas wrote:

Hello community! I would like to know if it's possible to get a specific phone number. I used to own the number and I had gotten it with public mobile. The number is currently out of service. Thanks for the help!

@Johnmitzas 

Do you know if the number originally came from the Telus family of phone numbers?

You could always activate with a new number, then continue to try and see what is available to change to in your Self Serve account.

FYI - you are able to change your number 4 times every 30 days if you wish.

@Johnmitzas 

Yes but it will take some luck and some diligence on your part to retrieve your number. If its been more than 90 days since you last had the number active and it is not in service then it is likely gloating around the available numbers pool. You can search for it in the change numbers feature in your account. You will have to switch between areas to continually refresh the phone numbers displayed. 

Do this every morning as you have your coffee or breakfast as new numbers are released each day into the available number pool. You have the ability to change numbers up to 4 times every 30 days. I will update this post with a link to help narrow your search (I just have to find it!) Good luck with your search.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Johnmitzas 

no options available for specific phone number...

Need Help? Let's chat.