cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Legend

Heat Wave in B.C.

To chuk and other PM customers in B.C.:

If you are in the lower mainland or interior, stay cool, stay hydrated, and avoid the sun during peak hours this weekend.

Good luck!

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Heat Wave in B.C.

Chuk's posts will be hot this weekend.
Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

^Yep, We have had some of the hottest whether lately. But during the day I am mostly indoor so it's all good
Highlighted
Legend

chuk,

Raincouver is expecting a heat wave, and this weekend will deliver 30 to 60 centimetres of rain to many parts of Ontario, with gusts up to 80 kph.

Nuts!
Highlighted
Legend

Edited: Change centimetres to millimetres. Yikes! With 60 centimetres, Noah's Ark would be necessary.
Highlighted

@Martin wrote:
chuk,

Raincouver is expecting a heat wave, and this weekend will deliver 30 to 60 centimetres of rain to many parts of Ontario, with gusts up to 80 kph.

Nuts!

It sure does rain here a lot & it makes me sick. I hate it more then I hate Voicemail

Highlighted

Oh man was it Boiling Hot, I have never felt that much heat in the Metro Vancouver Region , even at 5pm it was like 32 Celecius according to my Phone
Highlighted
Legend

Hi chuk,

Am I correct in saying that most homes and apartments in the GVA don't have air conditioning?
Highlighted

^Correct but I heard in Ontario most do. Is that correct?
Highlighted
Legend

Hi chuk,

I can only speak for the GTA and surrounding cities. In them, the vast majority have air conditioning because it would be deadly without it. With the humidex reaching 110* F. / 43.3* C. several times during late summer, there are always newspaper reports of an elderly or poor person being found dead due to lack of air conditioning.