cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having some problems with the service might be to do with the smoke in Metro Vancouver

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Having some problems with the service might be to do with the smoke in Metro Vancouver. Me and my wife’s phones have disconnected from data And couldn’t make calls we’re not too sure if it’s due to the smoke outside or iOS 14 update 

12 REPLIES 12

Hi @darlicious I will let my wife know @luv2ski 

thanks she will email them on the @CS_Agent  Right away

@111111 

If you bought your replacements there you may be able to get a refund....or a gift card. Give the manager of the electronics dept a call. If it's the cambie and Broadway location do not deal with the Asst. Manager you will get absolutely no where with her but the manager is very accommodating.

@darlicious I bought them at London drugs 

@111111, great to hear.  Enjoy PM and the savings.  I am coming up on 4 years here and and in well into multiple 1000's of $$$ saved now

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@111111 wrote:

Hi @darlicious I bought a new Sim cards that fixed the problem

Good to hear. SIMs don't go bad that much.  The SIM swap might have reset the account. Unknown if the SIM was defective.

@111111 

Where did you buy the original sim cards? If they came from pm you could possibly ask for an account credit if they were defective. Hard to know for sure or if reprovisioning by the moderators would have solved the problem.

Hi @darlicious I bought a new Sim cards that fixed the problem

Hi @ShawnC13 

I bought a new Sim Card for my wife and I and so far everything is working perfect now as my wife had her sim out as our port ins took 48 hrs I thought our sims got scratched an I didn’t put in our phones right away things our now working now that I’ve done our SIM Swaps

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@111111 

You cant access data or make calls....can you text? Is it your renewal? Log into your account. Does it say active? Compare the last 4 digits of your sim cards. Do they match the sim card numbers in your account? If they don't match report your phones as lost/stolen and change your passwords. Call your financial institutions and credit card companies.

If they do match try rebooting your phones. Toggling airplane mode on/off. Reset network settings.  Use lost/stolen to suspend and then resume service. Reboot phone again.

I'm right smack in the middle of smoky Vancouver there's nothing wrong with my service.

@111111 wrote:

Having some problems with the service might be to do with the smoke in Metro Vancouver. Me and my wife’s phones have disconnected from data And couldn’t make calls we’re not too sure if it’s due to the smoke outside or iOS 14 update 

It's possible that smoke could weaken the signal coming to you. Do you have a signal?  It's also possible that due to any weakeneded signal, you're being connected to a different site than usual. That could be causing network capacity issues. However, I'm not sure it's much different than rain. I have experienced weakened signal during storms before, but it shouldn't usually cause loss of service.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@111111 wrote:

I would say more likely the update.  I am in Victoria and have had no connectivity issues.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@111111  if you've just updated to ios 14 its most likely because of the update...

try and reset your network settings

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

Need Help? Let's chat.