cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else had trouble getting support? Should I start over again?

dtbalson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had high hopes for this service but my initial experience is not a good one.

I activated my Sim Card and selected a plan.

Attempting to submit resulted in an error message (see image) telling me that "something went wrong when activating your account."  

Error code 821.jpg

Fair enough, I expected a glitch.  However, the support system they use is problematic.

1) they ask me to start a conversation with our virtual assistant to create a troubleshooting ticket.  Ok, did that.

2) after several attempts to use the automated system I decided I needed to submit a ticket. 

This is when it gets frustrating,  I can not submit a ticket without logging into my account and knowing my account number.   Neither of these is possible.   

I am unsure if my SIM is activated.  I don't think my payment was processed.   

6 REPLIES 6

@dtbalson 

I hope the transfer happens without a glitch.  They say it will take up to 2 hours.

it should be fine. after installing the pm sim, reset your network settings and restart the phone

@dtbalson wrote:

Progress.  I started over and used the Telus Account number instead of my phone number.  This time it worked and I received/printed payment/account confirmation information.

I hope the transfer happens without a glitch.  They say it will take up to 2 hours.

@dtbalson , these websites can be finicky at times. Glad you got further the next time around.

Try logging into your Self Serve account and see if your account status is ACTIVE: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/

That would be a good sign of an activated SIM.

Also, after you reply to Telus to approve the port, insert the PM SIM and see if you have services.

Do one or more of the below to kick start into the Public Mobile network, if things are not happening right away:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dtbalson 

You have not activated your PN account yet because something went wrong went you submit.

1.  Did you restart your browser to re-do the activation process again?

2.  Put your PM SIM card in your phone.  Is your phone showing Public Mobile at the top notification bar?  If yes, you SIM card was activated. 

Don't use the SIMon until you have a problem which need moderator to access your account.  Ask us and we will let you know what you need to do.

Good to know,  @dtbalson 

Generally, when porting to PM, more users have had success using the prior wireless service provider's account number in the activation process versus other options provided.

Below is the information article which covers porting services from one provider to another:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

@dtbalson  not sure if you have receive the SMS from Telus yet to confirm you are leaving.  If not, make sure you have the Telus SIM on a phone and get ready to reply YES on the SMS.

After your replied, the porting should finish within 30 mins to 2 hours.  Just keep reboot your device with the PM SIM every 15 mins to get the update.

Welcome to PM

dtbalson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Progress.  I started over and used the Telus Account number instead of my phone number.  This time it worked and I received/printed payment/account confirmation information.

Need Help? Let's chat.