cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy with pm! ! , have a question.

aaronmartin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hello all,
I've been a public mobile customer for few months now and and very happy. I would recommend to new users for sure. Best part is the extremely good prices plus the rewards which make it even cheaper!

I have a question concerning what will happen when my 90 day plan ends. I have it set on auto pay, and it's scheduled for end of September. When I activated pm there was a plan available with just the 1GB data for 90 days. I noticed that now, the minimum data for 90 days is 3GB. The price is also slightly higher which makes sense of course. But I wonder, will my plan automatically change to the 3GB one? Or will pm ask to confirm if it's alright to change? Or will it carry on the 1 GB plan? Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES 4

Korth
Mayor / Maire

My "grandfathered" old $90/90-day plan just renewed a couple days ago.  The Transaction History is a little cryptic and convoluted as is usual for Telus billing - I paid for 90-day pass ($25), plus Unlimited Provincial Talk ($60), plus Canada-wide Text ($30), plus 1GB Data ($20), minus 3 Choices (-$45) = $90 total plan cost, before Rewards were applied.  Exactly the same as last time around.

Your plan will automatically renew itself as long as you have sufficient funds in your account balance or you have Autopay set up.  It will not renew itself if you have insufficient funds, you've cancelled the plan, or you've changed the plan.

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Your earned reward are applied to your renewal, no matter the plan

aaronmartin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Ok thanks for your quick reply! And thanks for the info, it answered all my questions, and yes I may consider the plan you recommend!

I also wonder, will all my rewards be switched over to a new plan if I decide to change my plan?

Thx!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @aaronmartin!

You will stay on the plan you chose until you choose to change the plan.  

Once you change the plan, you will not be able to go back to the older plans that are now discontinued. In future, you are free to change plans as well to whatever is available at that time.  

If you wish to change to one of the new plans, the 6GB 90 day option ($120 - autopay/referral/community rewards) is the sweet spot.  Of course, you can check the Plans page and figure out the best new plan for yourself.  Let us know if you have more questions. 

Need Help? Let's chat.