cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Happy Thanksgving to all community members, PM staff, mods and your families!!

Thank you so much for all your hard work and great support. 

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

25 REPLIES 25

@mimmo wrote:

@Anonymousthey are trying to avoid people from gaming the system by bravoing non support related threads to avoid people artificially getting higher ranking/rewards.  

I would really love to see the stats on how  many people are actually able to game the system to up their reward level. my opinion is gaming might get someone from the 50% to the top 25% but alot of effort would be needed to get into the 10%  or higher levels.  Unless someone is  creating fake accounts  to increase the number of active users in a month  the 50% will always stay the same as such the monetary rewards given out by PM is the same. assuming of course 50% of  the active users actually get rewards.

@Alan_K  any thoughts on the topic of removing all non support related threads?

I think a mountain is being made of a molehill.

will this be the next thread to ?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Thank-you/m-p/74593  

^^^THIS^^^  I would bravo this post 100 times if I could.  However that would skew the stats.  

The only problem in the community forum have been members setting up multiple accounts to give themselves bravos and solutions and to thread crap.  Other than that, the odd off topic bravo is the minutiae in the grand scheme of things.  For those looking for absolute fairness in this world, it will never be found.  Stuff happens.  I have had posts where I thought I really nailed it and someone else post something simple and they get the solution.  My last solution was an innocuous opinion on RCS rollout.  Win some, lose some but things do balance out somewhat.  

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:

Happy thanksgiving everyone 🦃🍽🍁 

I’m thankful for this thread, it has created a lot of Bravos 😝

Look out. This thread might get banished too. There be no friendly banter here. No sirree.

(apparently)

@AnonymousOracle necro's a 1+ year old off topic post to be thankful for bravo's? This doesn't seem right.

It was a joke 😝

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

as @Anonymous  mentioned we have a discussions board and the rules are: 

A general forum for posts that don’t fit anywhere else.

from my recolection most theads i have seen are on topic or close to it or somewhat related to PM, very few are very off topic.  

I understand what you are trying to do,  just trying to understand how big an issue this really is and if a sledgehammer is being used instead of a finishing hammer. 

They call it a banhammer 🙂

That whole long thread about Koodo for craps sake. I think I was the first reply and suggested taking it up over there.

But then I'm also quite guilty of social posts. So maybe it all balances out.

mimmo

as @Anonymous  mentioned we have a discussions board and the rules are: 

A general forum for posts that don’t fit anywhere else.

from my recolection most theads i have seen are on topic or close to it or somewhat related to PM, very few are very off topic.  

I understand what you are trying to do,  just trying to understand how big an issue this really is and if a sledgehammer is being used instead of a finishing hammer. 

@mimmo wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous, this is a customer service forum.  Do you see this type of thread on the koodo service forum?

@ShawnC13actually they do have a forum specific for this type of thread called Playground:

Topics in this section are for fun banter and discussion. Consider this the playground sandbox where you can discuss, debate, and toss out random or specific thoughts, unrelated to support inquiries for Koodo products and services. However, topics should be related to the telecommunications industry. As always, the same general guidelines and etiquette apply - so play nice, to avoid a time-out.

https://community.koodomobile.com/playground-232902  (no posts as of yet though)

Ok, so they have a playground but still have some requirements and they do not have a reward based system that could be affected by the interactions in that section.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Anonymous, this is a customer service forum.  Do you see this type of thread on the koodo service forum?

@ShawnC13actually they do have a forum specific for this type of thread called Playground:

Topics in this section are for fun banter and discussion. Consider this the playground sandbox where you can discuss, debate, and toss out random or specific thoughts, unrelated to support inquiries for Koodo products and services. However, topics should be related to the telecommunications industry. As always, the same general guidelines and etiquette apply - so play nice, to avoid a time-out.

https://community.koodomobile.com/playground-232902  (no posts as of yet though)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo: That's an excellent, insightful explanation. Thank you. It seemed to me on the surface of it that it was a shut down of people wanting to have something to say about something. I keep overlooking the fact that there's money involved here and not just a nice get together of fellow customers.

So sure ok I could see where that leads with what you say. But then it really has to be brutally complete doesn't it? Otherwise it looks like hypocrisy or someone being singled out or special favours to a select few.

No more holiday greetings. No more favourite team cheering. No more guacamole contests.

mimmo

@Anonymousthey are trying to avoid people from gaming the system by bravoing non support related threads to avoid people artificially getting higher ranking/rewards.  

I would really love to see the stats on how  many people are actually able to game the system to up their reward level. my opinion is gaming might get someone from the 50% to the top 25% but alot of effort would be needed to get into the 10%  or higher levels.  Unless someone is  creating fake accounts  to increase the number of active users in a month  the 50% will always stay the same as such the monetary rewards given out by PM is the same. assuming of course 50% of  the active users actually get rewards.

@Alan_K  any thoughts on the topic of removing all non support related threads?

I think a mountain is being made of a molehill.

will this be the next thread to ?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Thank-you/m-p/74593  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ShawnC13 wrote:

This is a Community under a sub-forum called Discussions. I don't care what Koodo has. We're here.

If the thread police would like to keep the clamp on many other sub-forums then so be it. But this is Discussions.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NDesai wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

With all the thread banishing going on, maybe he's trying to bump it to get it banished too. Although, he's an Oracle too and aren't they all able to banish threads like the other threads?

Did i miss a memo? Smiley Embarassed

🙂

In recent history, some threads have disappeared presumably due to being off-topic or non-Public Mobile support related or too much friendly banter. I'm assuming that an Oracle removes them. Maybe I'm wrong.

I get that some threads could just get too far off the rails into flame wars and too much negativity. One recently was a pointless thread that the OP proceeded to give himself a Solution for. Fine. Delete it. But I do have issues with removing other threads. But I don't have power here. I'm just one punter here.

@Anonymous wrote:

With all the thread banishing going on, maybe he's trying to bump it to get it banished too. Although, he's an Oracle too and aren't they all able to banish threads like the other threads?

Did i miss a memo? Smiley Embarassed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

@AnonymousOracle necro's a 1+ year old off topic post to be thankful for bravo's? This doesn't seem right.

@RobertQc

@Anonymous wrote:

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:

Look out. This thread might get banished too. There be no friendly banter here. No sirree.

(apparently)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:

(apparently)

Rockdaddy22

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am a little late to the party, but happy thanksgiving everyone, particularly the moderator team. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Hey everyone hope you all had a great Thanks giving with family and friends!!  Looking around the world I think we are very lucky to live where we do!!

crazycolby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Happy thanksgiving

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Happy Thanksgiving! 🙂

SD08

Happy thanksgiving!

Among other things, I'm thankful that Public Mobile exists and provides great value as my cell carrier.  Smiley Happy

photosbydan

Happy Thanksgiving!

Here's to reliable telecommunications at a fair price, one of many things I'm thankful for.

ScrapIron

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Happy thanksgiving!

Need Help? Let's chat.