cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had to switch out SIM due to receiving a defective one

CoCam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Purchased a phone for my son for Christmas, unfortunately the SIM card was defective.  I had to order a new SIM card which I recently received and thankfully this card works, but now 2 weeks have passed since I created and activated the account.  Does anyone know how to go about a request for credit for those 2 weeks?

7 REPLIES 7

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CoCam Is it a sim that you got directly from PM? Sometimes buying from other sellers might be cheaper but cant really offer you a new one if the first one that was sent was defective.

either way I would still contact mods and see what can be done, doesnt hurt to ask.  

Hi @CoCam 

Two things here which you should definitely be credited for, presuming the first SIM card was indeed a NEW one provided by PM for the initial activation:

1. the cost of the 2nd SIM card to replace the initial defective one (unless it was sent free of charge), and 
  2. the cost of the period between the first activation to when you swapped SIM card.

CoCam

Correct, activated SIM and created account, but SIM never worked.  Had to order a new card and reactivated now...2 weeks later, this SIM card works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CoCam : While at this point it may not matter...but I'm unclear on the chronology.

Did you activate the SIM and pay for a plan and then when you inserted it what happened?

Then 2 weeks later did you activate a whole other account or did you use the Change SIM in your previously set up account?

CoCam

Fingers crossed I can recoup something.  Thank you for your suggestion.  I will open a ticket.

@CoCam 

Ask moderators if they can do anything. No guarantees but no harm in asking.

Screenshot_20210104_110512.jpg

  

Or private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CoCam  - Generally, since this is a prepaid service, there are no refunds for unused services.  That said, your situation could likely be considered special circumstances.  You need to get in touch with moderator team, and explain what has happened.  They might be able to do something for you.  Start things off by clicking on the chat bubble in the lower right corner, and get a ticket open.  You will need to go through SiMon the chatbot to open your ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.