cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!

Icemanjeremy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So i've been trying to access my old number that i had with this service provider a lil while back that is linked to several important accounts via 2FA! I messaged the moderator and even made a post a couple days ago and now i can't find it?! I called my old number it is not in service and hasn't been for the past almost week if not since i last used it! Problem is when i go to change my number it will not let me use my old number as my new one! 

4 REPLIES 4

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Icemanjeremy 

I was going to recommend to simply contact the Moderators, but after reading all of the responses, I see @esjliv also has that covered in her last reply.

Couple questions I do have, though.

When you say you're trying to access an old number you had with PM a little while back, was that number previously associated with THIS account  -OR- was it a number associated with a completely different account that you held at sometime in the recent past?

Also, when you say it will not let you use your old number, why do you suppose it's not allowing that?  Could that number STILL be associated with a possible different account and still be within the 90-day 'inactive' period before the account completely closes?  

Knowing the above would better help establish your best course of action.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Icemanjeremy wrote:

So i've been trying to access my old number that i had with this service provider a lil while back that is linked to several important accounts via 2FA! I messaged the moderator and even made a post a couple days ago and now i can't find it?! I called my old number it is not in service and hasn't been for the past almost week if not since i last used it! Problem is when i go to change my number it will not let me use my old number as my new one! 

Hi @Icemanjeremy ,

Re-reading this RED part it seems your old number was not available in the pool of numbers. You could check with the PM Moderators to see if the number is still available (if it was in the Telus "Family" Pool").

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Icemanjeremy wrote:

@Icemanjeremy ,

If your old number / account has been deactivated / suspended for more than 90 days, sorry but you lost your phone number and Public Mobile account.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Icemanjeremy 

Does your 4-digits of your SIM match the 4-digits listed on your SELF SERVE account, found here, under "Change Sim Card":

esjliv_0-1611794107328.png

If the 4-digts DO NOT match, then it appears someone has been fraudulent (SIM-jacked) on your account. 

Change passwords and security questions to your SELF SERVE account right away and check your financials. 

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Suspend Service

Let the moderators know about this as well.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Need Help? Let's chat.