cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - New SIM card is asking for a PIN to unlock my PHONE

drhannah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone is an unlocked Ulefone, i've swapped sim cards and providers before with no problems.

I jsut signed up for publicmobile and activated my new sim. I put it in my phone and when it boots up, it asks for a PIN to unlock my phone. i tried my public mobile pin and 1234, it wont unlock!

I put my old koodo sim back in, and its still asking for a PIN when it boots up!

Ive never used a pin lock on this phone before, what the hell happened.

Now my phone is useless!

Public mobile has no phone # to call for tech support

Please help

10 REPLIES 10

drhannah

Ya i have 3G support, but i dont think i have 4G.

Thanks 

imcphers
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Service-outside-of-London/m-p/83150#M21751

@drhannah you might want to have a read of this thread - another customer had a Ulefone Paris - hopefully you have a different model that has 3G support.

You're should be fine since you are coming from Koodo - now that I think of it....

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Glad to hear your phone is working.   Welcome to PM!

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@drhannah I'm glad you were able to figure it out!

drhannah

OMG i got it...it was a PIN i created when i setup Koodo! I guess Koodo DID lock my phone in a way.

Crisis averted, thanks for the extremely prompt help anyways guys!

TK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@drhannah

Hello,

If your phone asks unlock code with Koodo and PM sim, it means your phone is LOCKED.

Double check!!!

drhannah

Yes i tried with no SIM and it still wants a PIN...did koodo lock my unlocked phone?

drhannah

Enter PIN - Please enter the Privacy Protection password to unlock.

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Try 0000?   How about don't put any sim card in, does it still ask for a pin code?    That can determine if the phone is locked or unlocked.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

There's lots of different types of PIN codes.  What is it asking for exactly when you turn on the phone?  It should tell you if it's a PUK code or SIM PIN that it needs

Need Help? Let's chat.