cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP. Invalid sim

AngeMeu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can some one please help..  service was renewed last week. My daughter called her phone is saying invalid sim.. Please help.. this will be her second month with public mobile

16 REPLIES 16

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How was the phone unlocked originally?

I'm thinking the phone was dropped and the SIM got mis-aligned and would just require a re-seating of the SIM.

If you paid for a cheapie service; sometimes, iPhones can get re-locked by the original carrier.

Bonnie14
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The services could need to be reprovisioned. Try logging into My Account, mark the phone as lost or stolen, then undo the lost or stolen phone, then try restarting.

Or, the SIM could be improperly installed, try removing it and putting it back in.

Or the SIM is damaged and you might need to buy a new one. Try contacting a moderator to see if they can help by shipping a new one.

Good Luck!

AngeMeu

I will try to look at it tonight thank you everyone!

@AngeMeuNo there is no free SIMs. You can activate a new SIM in your daughter's selfserve account.

HOW TO CHANGE YOUR SIM CARD #HOW TO CHANGE YOUR SIM CARD #

AngeMeu

Just incase is there free replacements for Sims? Also how would I activate a different  sim on her profile?

@AngeMeu At this stage, it is very hard to diagnose a problem without you having access to your phone. It is probably best for you to just to some more diagnoses when you get home.

AngeMeu

Even though it worked for a full month on PM?  she is only 13 so I'm trying to figure this out while I'm at work

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@AngeMeu wrote:

I cant her sim is smaller then mine I am also at work😔  do I seriously need to buy another sim?? 

Since your SIM is larger, probably a Micro, versus her Nano in the iPhone, before buying another SIM, as a last resort, see if she can try her SIM in any other phone with the same SIM type... Maybe a friend or other relative, just to 100% prove it's the SIM.

Good Luck

@AngeMeu I think you should diagnose whether it is a problem with your daughter's phone or her SIM card first, before deciding to purchase another SIM.

From what you described it sounds like your daughter's phone either got locked to a carrier (unusual) or got added to the blacklist. Either way if your daughter is capable she can always walk into her nearest Apple Store to get it figured out.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

to further @GinYVR   if you get the message with her sim in your phone she will probably need a new sim)  and also  try your sim in her phone and see what happens.

what you are trying to do here is isloate hardware(phone) vs sim issue.

AngeMeu

I cant her sim is smaller then mine I am also at work😔  do I seriously need to buy another sim?? 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@AngeMeu wrote:

Can some one please help..  service was renewed last week. My daughter called her phone is saying invalid sim.. Please help.. this will be her second month with public mobile

Try turn off phone and take out SIM card, then waiting 30 seconds or more, put SIM card back, turn on phone.

If still have problem then need to conact moderator team for help:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@AngeMeuI would suggest swapping your daughter's SIM card with yours to see if the problem persists on her phone.

AngeMeu

Iphone 6s.. not on black list was working great until this morning.

AngeMeu
Spoiler
It's also say in sim failure 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@AngeMeu What kind of phone does your daughter has? Is it a newly purchased phone bought second hand? If so it might been put on a blacklist.
Need Help? Let's chat.