cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Group Messages Low Account Balance

Hi I was wondering why my group messaging through SMS is not working? It says error: oops, low account balance. Not sure why because I am doing it through WiFi and I have my mobile data on but it is still not working.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Group Messages Low Account Balance

@lanaelosta open your messages app then  open the settings menu. I don't know what phone you have, but look for the setting "group messaging" and you should have a couple options to change to "sms or MMS" select the desired option. try both settings (with MMS selected) try testing without wifi enabled and just data on.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

@lanaelosta what plan are you currently on?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@lanaelosta wrote:

Hi I was wondering why my group messaging through SMS is not working? It says error: oops, low account balance. Not sure why because I am doing it through WiFi and I have my mobile data on but it is still not working.

Group message is using MMS to send/receive. Not SMS.
Therefore, you need to enable data in order to send/receive MMS.  MMS can only be sent/receive using mobile data - Not WiFi.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@lanaelosta  If you have an iPhone make sure you have MMS enabled within iMessage.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@lanaelosta  And if on an IPhone make sure you have sms, mms and group messaging enabled too. 

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

$25

Highlighted

@lanaelosta open your messages app then  open the settings menu. I don't know what phone you have, but look for the setting "group messaging" and you should have a couple options to change to "sms or MMS" select the desired option. try both settings (with MMS selected) try testing without wifi enabled and just data on.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@lanaelosta 

If you are using iMessage on iPhone, you need to enable SMS/MMS.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-enable-mms-on-iphone