cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group Messages Low Account Balance

lanaelosta
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I was wondering why my group messaging through SMS is not working? It says error: oops, low account balance. Not sure why because I am doing it through WiFi and I have my mobile data on but it is still not working.

7 REPLIES 7

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lanaelosta 

If you are using iMessage on iPhone, you need to enable SMS/MMS.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-enable-mms-on-iphone

@lanaelosta open your messages app then  open the settings menu. I don't know what phone you have, but look for the setting "group messaging" and you should have a couple options to change to "sms or MMS" select the desired option. try both settings (with MMS selected) try testing without wifi enabled and just data on.

lanaelosta
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

$25

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@lanaelosta  And if on an IPhone make sure you have sms, mms and group messaging enabled too. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lanaelosta  If you have an iPhone make sure you have MMS enabled within iMessage.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lanaelosta wrote:

Hi I was wondering why my group messaging through SMS is not working? It says error: oops, low account balance. Not sure why because I am doing it through WiFi and I have my mobile data on but it is still not working.

Group message is using MMS to send/receive. Not SMS.
Therefore, you need to enable data in order to send/receive MMS.  MMS can only be sent/receive using mobile data - Not WiFi.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@lanaelosta what plan are you currently on?

Need Help? Let's chat.