cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great press for Public Mobile! Looks like the price hike did as advertised...

Jamar_so_far
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
http://mobilesyrup.com/2017/07/14/public-mobile-offers-new-3g-data-plans-at-a-lower-cost

Routinely visit this website and it is shredding PM in this article. Really seems to confirm Telus is neutering the company at the moment.
28 REPLIES 28

@shawnie_boy wrote:

@Johnbrander wrote:

wait so we are all secured in our current plans? It's only for new customers? 

Yes. Sure PM can send you an email saying prices are changing for you, but it's extremely unlikely to happen as they would lose all their customers. The rule of thumb is your plan stays the same unless you change it. I would never have signed up to PM $38 plan if that was not the case. 

Do you know something that the rest of us do not know?  Extremely unlikely are pretty strong words when they raised regular price plans by 50%.  2 gigs of LTE data used to cost $40 and now it is $60!  I do not have the same comfort level you have when I see this happening. 

@shawnie_boy wrote:

@Johnbrander wrote:

Won't customers have no choice but to change to the "new" plans when we have to renew our plans in 10 days, a month, 3 months???

No, that's not how it works, your plan never changes unless PM goes under. 

Not true, our grandfathered plan can change if/when Public Mobile decides to change it.  All they need to do is give us notice of the change so that we can make like mice fleeing the sinking ship.

@Raven_Jet wrote:
That's why we got to be grateful for what we did get into or grandfathered for now. If PM goes well I'm out of a plan and out of the loop. Let's see how it pans out.

No carrier in Canada has ever registered as a charity and so sorry I am not grateful for anything.  The opposite should be true that Public Mobile is grateful that we are paying customers and up until recently, we devoted great efforts to help them grow the business without any advertising budget. 

@stonechucker wrote:

Everyone as of yesterday, on a prior plan, is already grandfathered.  None of use can change plans to a new plan, without losing something.  Stick with your plan until you no longer desire it.

if they give us. Notice of change, think for yourself about what you want to do about it.

there is too many people raising issues we have no control over, nor should we.  We do not run the company, and frankly, I'm sureprised we have any say in the Public Labs.

I totally agree with you that we do not have ultimate control over the when plan changes are made.  At the same time, Public Mobile cannot ignore the court of public opinion.  So, if we are vocal and make it known that we have one foot out the door and another foot on the proverbial banana peel, at least it will give the decision makers something to think about before they create a traffic jam at the exit. 

@Raven_Jet wrote:
Listen though, we are the customer and we are held by the balls so to speak. They can decide exactly what they want to do for a business model etc. So right now with the customer base, there will still be people interested in the 3G plans. We just have to hope they grandfather us. If not we are all out.

My friend, hope is never a solution.  It is what you do when you are out of options and have given up.  While I plead more than anyone else to remain patient when account activations fail, it does not apply the my wallet is threatened.  The best defense against our grandfathered plans changing is the regular price plans remaining relatively stable.  The regular price plans are our canaries in the mine so to speak.  Go ahead, chill while the avalanche heads toward you.  In the mean time, those of us who sense the urgency will do what a slightly more famous william phrased cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war. 

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Johnbrander wrote:

Yes. Sure PM can send you an email saying prices are changing for you, but it's extremely unlikely to happen as they would lose all their customers. The rule of thumb is your plan stays the same unless you change it. I would never have signed up to PM $38 plan if that was not the case. 

Johnbrander
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

shawnie_boy

@Johnbrander wrote:

Won't customers have no choice but to change to the "new" plans when we have to renew our plans in 10 days, a month, 3 months???

No, that's not how it works, your plan never changes unless PM goes under. 

Johnbrander
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Raven_Jet
I didn't get any surveys.

Jamar_so_far

Also, just completed a survey about PM that came out today. Did everyone receive this or is it just new activations? If it was for everyone, that'd be quite interesting with the recent plan changes. 

Raven_Jet
People leave FM, I don't think FM is viable for many people who want coverage, reliable stability and speed... it depends on the area.

FM? I'll live without data talk and text.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The Phone Company Without A Phone Number Less For More Cat LOL

Time to think FM again Smiley Happy

Raven_Jet
That's why we got to be grateful for what we did get into or grandfathered for now. If PM goes well I'm out of a plan and out of the loop. Let's see how it pans out.

Everyone as of yesterday, on a prior plan, is already grandfathered.  None of use can change plans to a new plan, without losing something.  Stick with your plan until you no longer desire it.

if they give us. Notice of change, think for yourself about what you want to do about it.

there is too many people raising issues we have no control over, nor should we.  We do not run the company, and frankly, I'm sureprised we have any say in the Public Labs.

Raven_Jet
Listen though, we are the customer and we are held by the balls so to speak. They can decide exactly what they want to do for a business model etc. So right now with the customer base, there will still be people interested in the 3G plans. We just have to hope they grandfather us. If not we are all out.

@Raven_Jet wrote:
People! We all need to relax and chill for a second here. Don't jump to any conclusions yet. Let's be patient and see the plan down the road.

We are all enjoying our plans so enjoy. PM is great and works for me!

Actlually that is the opposite of what we should do. 

Just like what @will13am mentionned in an other topic, we should be even making more noise and show that all of the community does not agree with those changes, stop referring people and let us see if people will now hear of PM or not. We are the customers and also the face that promotes their services. Just like in this post : https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/We-ve-Expanded-Our-Offerings-Introducin...

as @SD08 and @ShawnC13 ,mentionned, PM lost the value package and low cost services and explain why is there no call center or shops.

If we keep quiet then it means we all agree with thsoe changes and give chance to who ever made those plans that:  "sure!!!, raise all prices in a crazy matter, and it is fine by us what you do, as long as we are not affected now." Those changes mean one thing, WE ARE NEXT regarding raises. And for who ever is looking to the community and saying that we listened to our community, then here, listen again.

horemans
We should all start petitions to allow and force MVNO's . They have really moved prices and data to unlimited in the USA. This has really accelerated with the appearance of a herd of MVNO virtual operators

guinness22
The price for Data is the highest in Canada . In Europe 15 GB of data is 25 dollars . Unlimited is 40 . Think we are paying 50 dollars for 1 GB. People really could hold off buying for 30 days and see prices drop. People pay more for data than for car insurance house insurance and taxes

Raven_Jet
When that happens let's hope they just move our plan to Telus and grandfather it. Instead of raise the price on us or take us off.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As long as they don't force their current customer off their plans.

Raven_Jet
People! We all need to relax and chill for a second here. Don't jump to any conclusions yet. Let's be patient and see the plan down the road.

We are all enjoying our plans so enjoy. PM is great and works for me!

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
PM has officially gone to trash.

horemans
Yes, can no longer recommend PM. Sorry to see the value of PM plans. Guess they have reached an economic subscription base and Telus lowered the boom.. maybe even got into Bellçs hair. What does their sharing deal hold in fine print?

horemans
Yes, can no longer recommend PM. Sorry to see the value honour of PM plans. Guess they have reached an economic subscription base and Telus lowered the boom.. maybe even got into Bellçs hair. What does their sharing deal hold in fine print?

guinness22
It is like Esso Shell Petrol Canada exact sameprices and when price go up they all go up same day. . If u live in Toronto freedom LTE is working . The PM was good value till Today .

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
Good to see the coverage is following up. When I read it there was only 2 comments at the time.
The good thing is that we are not PM's employees, or else we can't be honest when informing people and advertise for them. There is hardly any reason to inform people that PM exists now, there is no point with those prices. If the point of PM was just to get people for a period of time then raise it all then people do have memories and the Internet exist, I don't see anyone wanting to go to a company that offers plans then raise them greatly within not even a year. Makes you even feel worse to the big 3 and their co. And an other reason to help a real fourth player. Heck if they raise the promo prices Freedom or Videotron are not far from where I live .

guinness22
Very likely the 3 GB plans is what will be only sold soon as LTE is cheaper at fido and Koodo. I guess it will be a basic brand now no frills and at slow speeds under 3 Mbps will appeal to the low end client . Too bad. At least give 5 Mbps data to watch nexfix
Need Help? Let's chat.