cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Government taxes

TPM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I looked through the previous discussion strings on this topic and it still remains vague (even clicking on the solution button didn't provide clarification).  And since you don't offer invoices at this time, then a straightforward answer for country-wide application would be helpful:

Public Mobile charges HST - yes or no

Public Mobile charges GST - yes or no

Public Mobile charges PST - yes or no

6 REPLIES 6

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LurganIeUk 

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Although this company here seems to be a little dowdy, in my opinion, I hear if you buy a top up voucher you are only charged GST if you are out of province. And they email you the voucher number. 

I bought from this company vouchers and a sim card no problems, a few members began buying from them lately and the ran out of stock. They send an e-voucher with few hours, and they accept Pay pal.

Although this company here seems to be a little dowdy, in my opinion, I hear if you buy a top up voucher you are only charged GST if you are out of province. And they email you the voucher number. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@TPM wrote:

I looked through the previous discussion strings on this topic and it still remains vague (even clicking on the solution button didn't provide clarification).  And since you don't offer invoices at this time, then a straightforward answer for country-wide application would be helpful:

@TPM  If you use vouchers then you will get charged taxes at the point of purchase. If you make a one-time payment using your credit card on file or when using Auto-Pay you will get charged the appropriate taxes depending on the area code and number that you currently have with public mobile.

The online payment history or your account balance reports the amounts excluding taxes

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Tax.PNG

...courtesy of @geopublic 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

To be perfectly clear Public Mobile collect taxes and remits them as required by the federal and provincial governments. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@TPM wrote:

Public Mobile charges whatever applicable taxes are in the Province of the phone number you have.  If you have a BC number you get PST and GST, Alberta GST and so on.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.