Did you mean: 

Got rejected from fido?

crazycolby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Your Old Service Provider rejected your transfer request. Common mistakes:

•   • Account Number doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •   • Equipment Serial Number doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •   • Security PIN doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
  •   • Alternate Contact Number format (should be 10-digits, no spaces, no dashes)
  •   • Did not check the “I am authorized…” checkbox

• Please review and correct your entries, and click “Submit”

I am sure all the info is correct.

10 REPLIES 10

compass
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just for others who may have to same problem. I got the same message on my first try. I clicked the button again after I got the message and it went through. 

My sim was activated long before porting and I was using the account number found on top of the fido's my account portal. (9 digits)

crazycolby

thank you : )

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Nice to know you're up and running.

crazycolby

Try checking the “I am authorized…” checkbox before you fill in the phone number.

It is working now 🙂

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I've actually started to get in the habit of typing my replies in an editor and refreshing the topic page just before I post, so it helps cut down on my redundant posts.

dohadotahmed
Same here...Thanks @SD08

SD08

@dohadotahmed

No problem.  Happens to me too, as I'm not the fastest typist around.  Smiley Wink

dohadotahmed
@SD08 Sorry I submitted my post before I see yours.

dohadotahmed
Please follow the steps below for porting from fido to pm
1. Use only your fido account number. Don't use IMEI and pin.
2. Enter the fido phone number you want to port.
3. Enter your full name as of fido.
3. Check "I am the authorized user.
4. Submit your request.
I hope you can successfully port in. Thanks and let us know if you have any questions.

SD08

If you are also activating a SIM at the same time, it is recommended to separate activation and porting into two operations. (Activate SIM, verify service works with temporary PM number, then port old number.)  When porting a number, it is recommended to use only the account number of the old provider (not ESN, PIN, nor IMEI) as that is the most reliable identifier. Alternate contact number is unnecessary and should be left blank. Try checking the “I am authorized…” checkbox before you fill in the phone number. Also clear your browser cache before you try again.

If none of that helps, then you'll probably need the help of a moderator. How to contact them:
http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contacting-our-Community-Moderators/ta-...

Need Help? Let's chat.