cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google calendar reminder notifications

jojo9
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Not this is the best thread for this question however, I've noticed ever since switching to PM, 5 wks ago, my Google calendar reminder notifications are always 2 minutes before my set time. e.g. I set notification for an hour before 5:15, it notifies me at 4:17. 

This hasn't happened with the other big 2 carriers in the past. It's not a really a problem but anyone else come across this?

9 REPLIES 9

@alinabo12 

make and model of the device?

• open the calendar app
  • click the options menu
  • open settings
  • make sure "use device timezone is enabled

for your phone make sure your phone is in the correct timezone by going into the devices clock settings

jojo9
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi I still couldn't fix exactly, but as I mentioned it's not really a problem (minor). Your answer was the best when I checked the link. Thanks. 

@jojo9 what is the make and model of the device? check that both the calendar app and your device is in the correct timezone

TikTik is a great app I use on my android. Very easy reminder and task tracking. 

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jojo9 :Consider not using google calendar anymore and use Simple Calendar app or anything else instead.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jojo9 wrote:

Not this is the best thread for this question however, I've noticed ever since switching to PM, 5 wks ago, my Google calendar reminder notifications are always 2 minutes before my set time. e.g. I set notification for an hour before 5:15, it notifies me at 4:17. 

This hasn't happened with the other big 2 carriers in the past. It's not a really a problem but anyone else come across this?

@jojo9 mmm? I have not noticed that, but now I will look for it.

Perhaps a syncing issue?

1. Open the Settings app on your device (not the Google settings app).
  2. Tap Accounts.
  3. Select an account.
  4. Tap Account sync.
  5. Make sure Account sync is turned on for Google Calendar.

Try a reboot of your device, and ensure your device has the latest software installed.

Uninstalling the Calendar app and reinstalling would not hurt.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Is there setting that you may have overlooked in the Google Calendar set up?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jojo9 

That's 2 minutes after, not before. 

Good to know so your can offset your notifications accordingly. 

Need Help? Let's chat.