cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Bye Public Mobile - I'm Jumping Ship

Alex-M
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Since signing on with this Self-Serve only mobile carrier back in the month of June 2016, I have had nothing but issues where Payment wasn't properly being acknowldeged as being received, but Funds had been applied to my account, and payment history was showing that payment had been made in advance two days prior to my expiry date.

Instead of PM updating their payment history and keeping track of payments received like every respectable business should do with customer accounts, PM had the audacity to allow my account to expire, and then go into suspension, without renewing ! The issue was only looked into when I contacted them through their Online Email system. A day later on July 01, 2016 I received this pitiful text from them:

01/07/2016 Fri

Public Mobile here. Thank you for your payment. Your plan has been successfully renewed! Let's keep the conversation going.

Well everyone, they did it to me again! Because of their broken self-serve payment system, they allowed my account to become suspended, and I made payment well in advance, two days prior again to my account expiry date of July 31, 2016!

I have already spent and exhausted enough of my time Private Messaging two individual Staff Members from Public Mobile, and neither one has really done anything to resolve my issue, because my account still sits in suspension and of course I have no service!

Here is what I sent one PM Staff Member:

Sent: ‎07-31-2016 01:24 PM

I don't know why your Self-Serve and Payment system is so broken, or why it has so many issues, but it is clear to me that these issues are not being given the attention that it needs to resolve them.

This is the second time that I am having to report to Public Mobile that payment had been made in advance. My Account sits in a state of suspension because of the incompetetence and the sheer lack of ability to properly acknowledge that Public Mobile has received my payment, and should have renewed it already.

Looking at my own account and payment history I can see that payment was made on July 29, 2016 of $42.00 by Visa. That amount was applied to my Balance on the same day and went into Available Funds! Now my acount is showing me in the overview that to top up my previous plan, I still owe $3.00?!

When I addressed this $3.00 charge to Mary, she told me yesterday through Private Message, not to worry about the charge and that I had enough funds to cover the balance that was due. I explained to her that all I did was update my plan when the new rate plan came into effect.

I was on the old plan before where I had been paying $45.00 before tax on a 1 GB Data with Province Wide Talk and Text. When I updated my plan to the new plan rate, I kept the features of my old plan, and the only thing that changed was the price which became $42.00 before tax.

Yesterday on July 30,2016, I got a text message from Public Mobile that read:

Public Mobile here. Your payment is due tomorrow & there isn't enough money in your account to renew your plan. For more info visit publicmobile.ca/selfserve

How could there not be enough money in my account, when I clearly made payment on July 29,2016 and the money was applied to Available Funds when I updated my plan and it came out to $42.00 before tax !

This is the text message that I got today from Public Mobile:

Public Mobile here. Sorry your plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment. Make a payment at publicmobile.ca/selfserve.

I don't know what kind of stunt Public Mobile is trying to pull here, but if payment had not been received, then how in the world could funds be applied to my account, and show that I have a $3.00 charge owing?!

This is completely intolerable and totally unacceptable. Please be advised that I will be looking to drop Public Mobile as I can no longer tolerate the arising issues with it's Self-Serve portal and broken payment system, or the level of incompetence experienced with the proper handling of payments made and payments received when addressing such issues.

Below I have included Screen Caps of the issues I have experienced and can only hope that they are addressed with the level and attention I would expect to receive from any Mobile carrier:

Furthermore, I would like to address that there is a huge functionality issue with the Mobile version of Public Mobile's Self-Serve portal. You can not connect to the mobile version of Self-Serve at all! The only thing that is accessible through the mobile version of Public Mobile's online services from a mobile phone are the community forums that work good, but the Self-Serve version on mobile is inaccesible! That is another long list of issues to add to your repertoire of things that are broken Public Mobile.

To think that Public Mobile had three years since being acquired by Telus in October 2013, to fix the current problems that still plague it today, is something that needs to be seriously looked into by your development team, your support staff, the webmaster who owns and operates the web site's server, and your darn Parent Company Telus!

16 REPLIES 16

@jeudy889   So you submitted a ticket via chatbot, have you heard back from CSA's (message box top right)?  Can you try calling 611 on your phone to see what message you hear? 

Also maybe reboot the phone or power off and remove the SIM and after a couple of minutes, reinsert and reboot.  If possible, try your SIM in another phone to rule out device issues too.

Not sure why your service would be cut off if you just recently paid to renew, but it could be a temporary issue with an outage or a tower nearby. 

If you're still waiting to hear back, perhaps submit another ticket or send a private message instead to CS_Agent via this link (although tickets submitted via chatbot are supposed to receive priority, we are told):  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

jeudy889
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would GREATLY appreciate some help...I have no service but I have TONS of resumes out with this number on it and I absolutely NEED this phone to be working. I got an email that my security answers didn't match so I have answered additional questions. Hopefully that will verify that I am who I say I am.

jeudy889

A payment was taken out of my account on January 16th but my service was cut off on January 21st due to no payment....

hi @jeudy889 what is the issue? maybe we can help?

If you submitted your ticket, check your Community inbox for PM reply 

or message them again for update 

hi @jeudy889 what was your issue with PM again??

jeudy889

Sorry I got cut off before I was even done...I have placed a service ticket as advised by the chat bot and was told I would get a response within 24 hours...by the sounds of it I shouldn't expect miracles....

jeudy889

OMG I am going through this RIGHT NOW!!! January 22 2023!!! This has been going on since 2016 to other people?????? I am NOT optimistic aobut getting a response

Oh dear, I feel your pain. How are you going to go to Carrier B? 

Alex-M
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is just a quick update:

I was given a $15.00 credit for all my troubles. The services are functional again, and my account has been renewed with the new plan changes. There is a $12.00 amount oweing that is being reported on my account, but I know that is a mistake, and I verified it when I called Public Mobile's automated system.

I also called my Bank today to verify that the $47.46 was paid to Public Mobile in full on July 29, 2016, yet receipt of this payment was not properly handled and addressed by Public Mobile, and as a result Public Mobile allowed my account to go into suspension.

I dread to think what sort of mess I would encounter, if I had chosen to go with autopay from the Self-Serve payment options.

Please be advised that I will be leaving Public Mobile at the end of August 2016, and do not have any plans to be persuaded to stay.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Alex-M

I'm very sorry about this, 

Can you please verify your private messages once you get a chance?

Thank you, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's just weird that people are having problem when paying manually. Autopay could have solve this problem easily.

Also, please note that this is a public forum. You are showing your personal data like your name. 

PBForMe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sounds like one part of the system took out the payment for the new price, $42, but another part, some sort of account suspension validation was still expecting the old price, $45, so it's showing the $3 owing.

Unfortunate that you had to deal with an account suspension twice, it does indeed sound incredibility frustrating.  

Perhaps PM could have some sort of beta group that can test the rough edges of the portal before they go mainstream or some such. 

I can sense that @Alex-M's experience with PM was less than stellar and perhaps unfortunate, PM I believe needs to improve the overall reliability, quality and of course to ensure that all those glitches and bugs are removed from the picture, although my services are exemplary and excellent, it's not really fair for the other potential PM Guests to experience anything less than stellar.

Perhaps PM needs to reconsider the Beta designation, as this needs attention first before any additional services are added. To ensure a fair playing field for everyone

@Alex-M I see that you have kept your personal info on those screenshot you provided. This is a public forum and anyone can view that. Please remove it as soon as possible. @Shazia_K or @Mary_M can remove if OP doesn't. 

Well, everything is fine for me. I have not found anything that interrupts the service. Everything is smooth and no complaints other than system issues and other glitches that never affect my service anyways. 

That didn't happen in your case. I wish you the best luck with another carrier. 

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Well since you're leaving I was going to suggest signing up for auto pay instead of making 1 time payments.  Anyways Goodluck with your new provider. 

Need Help? Let's chat.