cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glocalme G3 hotspot - no internet

Webchickadee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there.  Just got my PM sim and plan yesterday.  Used it successfully in my unlocked Oneplus One all day, as a hotspot. 

Today I moved the PM sim to my Glocalme G3 hotspot device and when I connect my phone to the WiFi network from the Glocalme G3, it comes up as Connected, no internet.

Any idea?  Is tethering not allowed on PM sims, outside of a phone?  That was the whole reason I got the PM sim and plan!  So I could is it with my Glocalme G3 hotspot device! 

I've tried forget the network and then reconnecting.  Didn't help   There are no options to access and edit APN settings on the Glocalme G3.  Help  

7 REPLIES 7

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@WebchickadeeI had a look in the manual (which came with the device)

1) Insert SIM card and select the corresponding SIM card slot in "SIM Management"

2) Home > Local Card

3) Click "data connection"

4) Click "Access Point Name (APN) to complete setup APN

koimr1

@ute1978wrote:

Interested to know the outcome as I have a Glocalme G3 as well and intend doing the same when my free 1GB are used up.

I don't have one but as I researching my reply I kinda got myself intrigued with it as well. Would be good for roaming family trips where we all want some juicy data.

Any update, @Webchickadee?

ute1978

@Webchickadeewrote:

Hi there.  Just got my PM sim and plan yesterday.  Used it successfully in my unlocked Oneplus One all day, as a hotspot. 

Today I moved the PM sim to my Glocalme G3 hotspot device and when I connect my phone to the WiFi network from the Glocalme G3, it comes up as Connected, no internet.

Any idea?  Is tethering not allowed on PM sims, outside of a phone?  That was the whole reason I got the PM sim and plan!  So I could is it with my Glocalme G3 hotspot device! 

I've tried forget the network and then reconnecting.  Didn't help   There are no options to access and edit APN settings on the Glocalme G3.  Help  

Interested to know the outcome as I have a Glocalme G3 as well and intend doing the same when my free 1GB are used up.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Webchickadee, tethering is allowed for all accounts with data on this service.  It goes without saying the proper APN settings are necessary for data to work.  If you cannot get the proper APN added to the device, then it looks like it cannot be used on this service. 

BTW, if this hotspot was issued by a carrier, it would not surprise me that they would block it's use outside their network through measures such as SIM lock and restrictions on APN settings.

Folks commenting on the LG G3, please read the OP carefully again.  The device in question is a glocalme g3 hotspot.  

Acekiller

maybe it needs a factory reset like the LG phones to get the data working?

koimr1

@Webchickadeewrote:

I'm not familiar with this device however I do have a particular phone that had a similar problem until I added a PM-specific APN (it was not added automatically). Are you certain that you can't do anything with the APNs on the G3?

Any chance you are able to obtain and try a non-PM SIM in your G3?

EDIT: Found this little tidbit from here: Reviewing the GlocalMe G3 Mobile Hotspot

"Switch between the inbuilt “VSIM” and local SIM(s) via the SIM Manager option on the device."

Did you do that?

Also on the same page I see this: "I also had a problem when entering the APN settings for my Japanese local SIM. Try as I might, the authentication type I’d selected wouldn’t save, and as a result, the SIM didn’t work."

So it looks as though there must be some way of editing the APN. I see there's IOS/Android apps available for this device too, perhaps that's the way to change settings?

Webchickadee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

FYI, the Glocalme G3 device says the PM sim is roaming, for some reason . Even though I'm home   Does that have something to do with it? 

Need Help? Let's chat.