cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global News report does not feature PM ?!?!?!?!

neo911
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello Everyone,

I came across this news report by Global News today which compares various cell phone plans in Canada and gives detailed information on various carriers, postpaid plans, prepaid plans etc.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3007092/the-best-cheapest-cellphone-plan-in-canada-in-2016/?campaign_id=A1...

But I was very surprised and annoyed to see that PM is not mentioned anywhere.

Towards the end of the article they have details on 'discount carriers' and still no mention of PM.

I think PM should reach out to Global News so that next time when they compile such a report they would surely take PM under consideration.

By the way, amongst all discount carriers, PM still kicks ass. No other carrier is even close to the services PM offers on their 90-day plan.

But other than this the article provides good details and statistics about the cellphone industry in Canada.

13 REPLIES 13

ben10nnery
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

They better keep PM going. It's nice to have an option for the people not living in Sask and Manitoba that isn't an absolute rip off like the other guys, Wind excluded. I actually quite liked Wind, but now I'm living outside their coverage area.

I'm really happy with Public Mobile 🙂

@Ionut in the very beginning Telus planned to shut Public down. There was a huge outcry against it. One of the preconditions forced on them to approve the sale was an agreement that the $19 (formerly $14) plans be honoured for at least 1 year after takeover.

Yet something strange happened on the way to the graveyard. The small loyal fanbase was profitable (in comparison to Mobilicity & Wind who have millions in debt) and Telus started a relaunch which has been hugely successful so far.

It's not that we pay them a ton of money, it's the no frills approach (some would call it a lack of customer service) that has saved this brand.

Ionut

I think at the beggining Telus dind't trust that much PM of gathering people but after 2-3 years they realize that people are getting into. Ofc we still do not get the same speed as telus but no complaine. 

SRS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This current promo is the best kept secret from the market.  Chances are if you do not know someone on Public Mobile or read different forums you would never know Telus is offering the best deal on the market under the Public Mobile brand.

Interesting

Well after most recent promo I am sure name is starting to get out there Cat Happy

@neo911 For me, I heard some ads for Chatr Mobile and I figured I'd check them out. I was already agonizing over paying over $160 per month with Telus, that I wanted to change providers. With WIND, the zones worried me, and Chatr just seemed to have too many options. Somehow from there, I discovered Public Mobile. The price point, simplicity of plans and nation-wide coverage were the convincing points for me. I figured I'd give them a chance, and now here I am.

It's interesting to note that Corus Entertainment owns Global TV and Wind Mobile. To prevent bias, they wouldn't declare Wind as the best choice, but they can instead eliminate choices like PM that offer the same level of value. Don't like the big 3?!  Go with Wind, is essentially what they're saying.

Anyway, I guess it's our job as PM customers to get the word-of-mouth advertising out there (and be rewarded for it)!  Thanks for your post.

neo911

@daredogg

I guess it all boils down to the fact they companies with deeper pockets get more publicity.

Yes PM would definitely have more subscribers than PC or even Petro Canada mobility.

Researching does help in deciding. But for me, it was an accidental discovery. I happened to read about PM on a wind mobile Reddit forum. lol

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

Hey @neo911 I read the exact same article earlier, then I come on here and see you posted the link! lol

It makes no sense that PM is not mentioned, yet PC Mobility is. I'd imagine PM has more users than PC, but even Petro-Canada and 7-Eleven aren't referenced. We don't have that many cellular carriers in Canada, so why not mention them all?!

It just shows you that you can't trust a news agency!  Do your own research. Those who joined PM have done that already, realizing there's great value here (I know I did). Robot Happy

neo911

@stonechucker

am surprised to read this. they are blocking all comments related to PM

the koodoo manitoba plan sounds like an overhyped plan.

@Ionut true..but if a person who does not know anything about PM reads the article, he/she would think there are no other discount carriers except those mentioned in the article.

CBC is just as bad about not mentioning PublicMobile.  The other day, they had another article about the black market $48 5GB Manitoba packages that people are charging $100 upfront, and then you get the phone with a Manitoba number, and have to lie saying you're going to school in Toronto or Vancouver.

i posted comments about Public Mobile, but I always have them not approved for display.

dboxtvinfo
You have internet that you claim is better than bell? Monopolies suck, like the free internet TV with all the channells and t shows from world

dboxtvinfo
100 GB. I wish. By then PM will follow.

Ionut

TBH i don't even look at other carrier services, or plans because i'm not interested. If they really would do something they could do it before i moved from their bad services. Me and others smart people.

And i will never switch ever. Even if they say that will provide 100 GB monthly, i will still deny.

I'm to happy with my PM services, never get promo message, advertise, text message about celebrity, and so one, and i have best coverarge.

Rogers and Bell cry in a corner with their poor signal. 

Need Help? Let's chat.