cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glad I switched from PM to Koodo

SaintMike
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Last week I took advantage of PM's promo offer to migrate to Koodo (45/4GB expires March 15)

I went to a kiosk (make sure you have valid photo ID!) and opted for a new phone on the Tab.

The whole process took about 15 minutes, my service was transferred immediately, and was good to go! Smiley Very Happy 

I also scored a $50 bill credit from a referral friend (as did he).

So if you're not sure what to do, I highly recommend it!

If you need more info, and a referral code, PM me!

Cheers,

Mike

12 REPLIES 12

SaintMike

There is another similar promo offer for those on PM's $45/month plan.

Switching to Koodo, for the same monthly fee you get 4GB data per month (instead of 1GB with PM).

The promo code is "GOKOODO405BBPO", and for a $0 SIM "PM-SIM-0".

This offer expires tomorrrow March 15, 2018, and I believe it has to be done in person at a Koodo location.

pderick

Yes, I am a member of that plan.

@pderick The Koodo offer is only available to customers on the fall 2016 promo - $120 for 80 days 12 GB data, prov calling, global texting. Is that your current plan?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

pderick

Hi Peeps,

what gives? PM is giving us a deal at Koodoo? How do I go about doing this? This is an awesome deal save 100 bucks and get more data

Thanks for sharing. I am going to look into it

Dee

brainfreze
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I wanted to stay here at Public Mobile because of the rewards, great roaming options, and obviously the 120/90 plan, but given that I hardly have any referrals of my own (1), and the uncertainty of this plans future, the math worked out that the transfer bonuses make up for the trade-off.

This community is really great for a self-service model and I hope down the line Public Mobile offers me something to come back to.

SaintMike

I guess I forgot to mention that I switched from PM taking advantage of their $45/4GB offer.

So I'm paying less than before.

PBForMe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Telus is happy too, they just upsold you on a more expensive plan and a tab. 

cricketfan

referral credit only makes sense if you are getting a phone online or no phone at all. Else there are better GCs deal to be grabbed from WOW/walmart etc. 

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

the referral does make it hard to resist.

jono

I also did the switch and it worked out perfectly for me as my PM account was set to renew the next day - I'll take a free $100! Also, the referrals are up to $100 now if anyone is still on the fence! PM me for a link if needed.

MEU_21

Plus, you could have used up more of the accrued money on PM that you already paid for... Could have made an extra $100 (between the referee and the referred) + used about ~$40 in prepaid service on PM for a total of ~$140, but if it works for you, I'm happy for you. (Also, hindsight is always 20/20, so it is easy for us to make these comments after the fact)

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@SaintMike, glad you are happy with your move.  You could have waited a week and now the referral credit is $100

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.