cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giant tiger voucher

chelann
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I got a voucher yesterday and they didn’t give me a pin. Told me that the huge number on the receipt was it. Had to drive 45 minutes back to the store because someone else purchased it for me and brought it. They finally reissued one and gave me a pin. And the pin doesn’t work. I’ve messaged mods and am awaiting a reply but wondering if anyone has had issues? I’ve had them from there prior and they’ve worked right away. I do see some retailers are up to a 72 hour wait, but I’ve never had a wait with them before. Beyond frustrated as I’ve wasted an hour and a half driving (in a gas guzzling truck) to resolve this issue and I’m no further ahead. 

7 REPLIES 7

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I used then only once, they mention a 15 minute activation window. But it was super easy and I did it from my phone ,while enjoying a beverage at the lake, to help out a friend who had an issue buying vouchers from shell, they were told they did not sell pm vouchers)

@mimmo wrote:

@will13am yes would be nice lol. I keep mentioning them as an option as many people don't know about them and because it can be done from home.  If there was another option I would also mention them just like I try to mention wow, London drugs k mobile and Walmart when I talk about retail stores.

Because of the convenience of buying from home and "free shipping", recharge would be a good option even if it cost a bit more. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@chelann, I can say that I am the definitive expert with vouchers.  I have ever only used Canadian Tire gas bar as my source.  The voucher contains a 12 digit PIN code that is entered into the self serve.  Regardless of where you purchase the voucher, it is still a 12 digit PIN code that the self server accepts.  This knowledge base article shows an image of a voucher.  So, I don't understand how can a retailer sell a valid voucher that doesn't have a 12 digit PIN code.  Seems fishy to me.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

We have seen a bit of discussion about a wait period for the voucher to become usable.  I know that gift cards have wait periods.  Again, I am not familiar with the Public Mobile voucher having such a requirement.  My experience at Canadian Tire gas bar is that it works right away.  @mimmo, you can chime in with your experience using recharge.  I doubt their vouchers are time delayed.  Here is the link for recharge.  The price seems to have gone up again.  They must use Amazon surge pricing technique. 

https://www.recharge.com/en/canada/public-mobile-top-up

@Rockdaddy22is the definitive expert with vouchers and RTRs.  Hopefully he can weigh in and provide some additional insights.

mimmo

@will13am yes would be nice lol. I keep mentioning them as an option as many people don't know about them and because it can be done from home.  If there was another option I would also mention them just like I try to mention wow, London drugs k mobile and Walmart when I talk about retail stores.

@mimmo wrote:

For future you can now buy vouchers online from recharge.com .there is a service charge but no taxes so unless you are from Alberta there is actually a bit of savings.

Recharge should give you a commission.  Smiley Happy

mimmo

For future you can now buy vouchers online from recharge.com .there is a service charge but no taxes so unless you are from Alberta there is actually a bit of savings.

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Were you trying to enter the PIN online?  Sometimes the system is finicky, so it might be worth trying it again later in the day.  You can also try a different browser.

Alternatively, call *611 on your phone and try to enter it that way.

Need Help? Let's chat.