cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get back old number

stevelabelle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How to retrieve my old number (was mistakenly changed 24 hours ago)

20 REPLIES 20

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I agree on down playing but a precidence has been set with changing number within 30 days.  Which is one part of the equation .  Getting the old number back which is the more important part not sure

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-Do-I-get-their-customer-service-t...

@dabr wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

Believe moderators no longer can (will) recover lost numbers. 😕

@Luddite   So even if the number originates from Telus/Koodo or PM, it can no longer be retrieved?  Is this a new policy?

BTW OP has another thread about this from yesterday, might need to be merged.

@dabr  There was never a "policy" only some members suggesting it would be done. Of course, it "never hurts to ask" but I think we should be downplaying the probability of success.

When ticket response time gets past 24 hours I certainly hope these requests are, at least, triaged to the basement. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@stevelabelle wrote:

can i delete my other posts with the number in it?   (sorry about the double posts.)

@stevelabelle   Not necessary as your posts have now been put under one thread 😊

@Anonymous wrote:

@dabr : Ok yesterday at 5:25pm they said 24 hours ago. So that's 42 hours now. 🙂

Lol...yep that's more than 30 hours but still less than the 90 days that a number is supposed to stay in pool before being reassigned.  Message got interrupted and had to repost, probably because threads got merged.

Anyhow, looks like it's not possible to retrieve the number any longer because of new policy?

stevelabelle

can i delete my other posts with the number in it?   (sorry about the double posts.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr : Ok yesterday at 5:25pm they said 24 hours ago. So that's 42 hours now. 🙂

stevelabelle

thanks!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

And believe moderators can not do it in the 30 days.

@stevelabelle : How long ago did this happen? How did it happen anyway? Have you tried calling the number to see if anybody answers?

@Anonymous   OP said 30 hours ago.

@Luddite wrote:

@Luddite   So even if the number originates from Telus/Koodo or PM, it can no longer be retrieved?  Is this a new policy?

BTW OP has another thread about this from yesterday, might need to be merged.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Luddite wrote:

And believe moderators can not do it in the 30 days.

@stevelabelle : How long ago did this happen? How did it happen anyway? Have you tried calling the number to see if anybody answers?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@stevelabelle wrote:

Hello!

Reactivate old number PM carrier.  I messaged a couple of MODS but they all say to talk with the bubble chat. The bubble chat does not understand that i want a number back and not a new one.

My number was changed by accident apx 30 hours.

The tel number originates from Public Mobile.

Thanks!!!

@stevelabelle   Try sending a private message to moderator_team via this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If the number is originally from PM then you should be able to retrieve it, but only moderators can facilitate that as mentioned in your other thread from yesterday.

stevelabelle

Hello!

Reactivate old number PM carrier.  I messaged a couple of MODS but they all say to talk with the bubble chat. The bubble chat does not understand that i want a number back and not a new one.

My number was changed by accident apx 30 hours.

The tel number originates from Public Mobile.

Thanks!!!

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BasesLoadedWalk wrote:

I was able to get my old number back, and it wasn't a Telus number originally. There is a bit of time before the number goes back to the original provider, and gives the last telecom that had it in service a chance to assign it back to the last owner in case there was an issue.

Yes, they have to way way to get number back if Public Mobile makes a mistake or someone does a fraudulent port. They're required to fix these types of issues. 

BasesLoadedWalk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I was able to get my old number back, and it wasn't a Telus number originally. There is a bit of time before the number goes back to the original provider, and gives the last telecom that had it in service a chance to assign it back to the last owner in case there was an issue.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stevelabelle 

When you change your phone number, the old number will go back to the provider who gave you your old number.  Provider usually put the canceled number in a waiting pool for 90 days or longer before the canceled number will be assigned to a new user.  

As suggested by @dabr , if you got your old number from Telus/Koodo/PM, you will have a better change of getting your old number back.  It will be harder for PM to get your old number back because PM has not control of the number from other provider.

brittneysarah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I hope you're able to get your old number back! 🙂

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Would be really helpful to know the conditions upon which your old number which was changed, @stevelabelle 

It's quite likely @dabr  & @computergeek541  responses cover your options, but if not, please share more details.  (please refrain from including personal information as this is a public forum)

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@stevelabelle wrote:

@stevelabelle   IIRC that depends upon whether your number was originally issued by either Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile. then contacting moderators might allow you to retrieve it.   However, if it was issued by another provider then your number is returned to that carrier.

@stevelabelle wrote:

Sorry, but this isn't something that you can do yourself. You'll have to open a ticket to talk to the moderators by going to: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

Need Help? Let's chat.