cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic voicemail greeting?

BTKF
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Having just recently set up my voicemail, I seem to have been forced to record a greeting. I have always preferred to use a standard generic greeting rather than record my own. Anybody know if this is an option? 

4 REPLIES 4

BTKF
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Deleting your recording does indeed force it to revert to a system greeting. Thanks for your help!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@BTKF just tested this out and i was able to delete my voicemail greeting and is now saying my number when a caller is directed to the voicemail.

follow these steps

• once in the main menu tap "4" personal options
  • tap "4" modify personal preferences
  • tap "3" to access your recorded name
  • tap "3" to delete your name

@BTKF Have you tried deleting the greeting and starting over with @computergeek541 's advice? Here's an article on changimging it https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-voicemail-greeting . Welcome to the community. Stay safe.

@BTKF wrote:

Having just recently set up my voicemail, I seem to have been forced to record a greeting. I have always preferred to use a standard generic greeting rather than record my own. Anybody know if this is an option? 

It's too bad that you didn't ask before setting it up. I'm unsure if the option is in the menus or not, but I can tell you that maintaining the generic greeting is possible.

I discovered a while back that if when prompted to record your name, if you just quickly end the recroding as blank and then do the same for the greeting, the sytsem treats the generic voice reading out your phone number as your "name" and the greeting is also kept the same as if you never set the account up.

I'm hoping someone knows how to do this through the menu options, but if that option isn't there, you'd need to have the moderators re-initialize your vociemail account.

Need Help? Let's chat.