cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD NEWS! Success Story

vroomr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey everyone,

I wanted to start a thread for people to share their November 2016 success stories. I want to see some "I successfully ported from <insert your old carrier here> without any problems" or "I had some problems at first, but PM did <insert awesome service here> and now I am good to go!".

Unfortunately, I cannot yet share such a story, but I just want to see some positive news here 🙂 

Dont forget to give this post lots of bravos 🙂

17 REPLIES 17

Sumaya416
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have finally left Wind/Freedom (worst. service. ever.) I am so excited about my move to PM.  My port was super fast, and super smooth.  Within 30 min my port was complete!! So happy to be a part of this network.

ben10nnery
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I hope they fix it soon!

Side note and off topic, I really like the band Mastodon.

Crenor

Ported from WIND/Freedom mobile in ~5min. It was very quick. I did have to hit the next button a few times here and there, but it worked. Generic mash it until it works method ftw!

magical

WOW SERVICE FROM NOSERVICEPUBLICMOBILE A AMAZING READ ONCE YOU CAN POST IT!

garysiao

I successfully ported my number from Freedom Mobile (WIND) to PM 🙂

vroomr

@Mastadon wrote:
Nothing in my deleted or spam folder. 😞

@Mastadon That sucks.. I guess keep waiting 😞

jdodd1079

I just received a call!  And sent a call!

Yay!

Mastadon
Nothing in my deleted or spam folder. 😞

vroomr

@Mastadon wrote:
I have successfully set up one account and transfered number (ported after new sim activated with new number)

My other acct however seems to have put my phone number in limbo. Rogers SIM still active and PM SIM won't let me transfer, says "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance."

Fun. Pregnant wife is not impressed with me trying to save us some money.

Hey @Mastadon, Have you tried emailing support@publicmobile.ca? If so, check your deleted mail and spam/junk mail. They may have responded. It happened to me, see this thread: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/If-you-have-never-had-any-message-from-PM-...

I found that the emails went straight to my deleted items. I emailed them earlier today and got a response within about 15 minutes. 

Hope this helps,

vroomr

Mastadon
I have successfully set up one account and transfered number (ported after new sim activated with new number)

My other acct however seems to have put my phone number in limbo. Rogers SIM still active and PM SIM won't let me transfer, says "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance."

Fun. Pregnant wife is not impressed with me trying to save us some money.

sportymi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I helped my mom ported from Rogers, no problem yet.

jdodd1079

My number ported from Telus successfully, but I chose the wrong plan by mistake.  PM graciously honoured the deal and fixed it for me, but it caused me to not be able to call in our out.  I have received an email from PM due to my request, so I know that they have me on their radar.

My husbands, we had to change the APN settings on his Iphone when he had no data service.  The SIM put koodo info on his phone (but we've never used koodo).  As soon as we changed the settings to what they should be, he had service immediately!

asimba

Well there was this thread started from earlier during the promo in November:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Successful-Ports-Thread/m-p/85720/highligh...

@vroomr wrote:

Hey everyone,

I wanted to start a thread for people to share their November 2016 success stories. I want to see some "I successfully ported from <insert your old carrier here> without any problems" or "I had some problems at first, but PM did <insert awesome service here> and now I am good to go!".

Unfortunately, I cannot yet share such a story, but I just want to see some positive news here 🙂 

Dont forget to give this post lots of bravos 🙂

vroomr

Is there anyone who originally had issues have PM support come through for them??

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

I ported over from Koodo with no issues!

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

A coworker of mine just ported an hour ago, up and running 30 mins.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I sccessfully ported 2 numbers from Rogers and helped with one from Koodo and had no issues on any of them.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.