cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funny window display in Community

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Seeing a pop-out window which covers my screen on the right. I'm currently using IE 11 on Windows7 (not by choice mind you).

Is this a Microsoft Feature, I mean enhancement, I mean bug, or is it something else?

6 REPLIES 6

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
What is "Internet Explorer" ???? XD
The only reason I still have it is because sometimes some pages in the community and the Ccount do not show up correctly so I need something "old school"

With something like this, the tendency will be for some to blame Internet Exporer 11, while others will blame the Public Mobile website for this problem.

In the end, the statistics that I've looked at say that Internet Explorer 11 (just this one specific version) is the the number 2 used browser used worldwide.  That's a lot of people using it, and what it comes down to is that the Public Mobile Community is not compatible.  It's been going on for months and has not been fixed.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

it happens to me on IE on my work computer as well.  Doesn't happen on chrome though.

I'm usually using Chome on either my workplace desktop, or at home on my macbookAir or iPadAir 1st gen.

I've never seen this before.

Must be a new feature of IE 11.

@stonechucker wrote:

Seeing a pop-out window which covers my screen on the right. I'm currently using IE 11 on Windows7 (not by choice mind you).

Is this a Microsoft Feature, I mean enhancement, I mean bug, or is it something else?

This is the Simon bot window, except it is blank (no text in it).  This exact problem has existed almost since the the introduction of that chat bot. There's no way around it other to use a different web browser.  Closing the window won't work either becauze it will reload each time you open amy Community link or page.

KK688
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Need Help? Let's chat.