cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full list of ranks

DarkRed
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

I see that all members of the community have a rank (Oracle, Mayor, Neighbor, etc)

I was just curious as to what name corresponds to what level (couldn't find it online, other than Oracle's are above the top 1%)

6 REPLIES 6

@SD08 wrote:

They're basically feel-good window dressing since they don't mean anything in terms of rewards (with the exception of Oracle, as @srlawren mentioned).

But they are useful to understand relative experience and/or contribution in the forum. Of course it speaks nothing of quality. 😉

@Fizernubits wrote:

Hey, check out this old thread here, in particular @Jeremy_M's reply for more information.

To summarize the old thread though, It looks like the rankings are simply based on your involvement in the community.

Jeremy_M missed some ranks.  The first rank is New in Town.  Also different types of neighbours? easy to miss because you stay at those ranks so short time. Model Citizen is higher than Great Citizen.  Town Hero should be between Model Citizen and Deputy Mayor.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DarkRed wrote:

Hello!

I see that all members of the community have a rank (Oracle, Mayor, Neighbor, etc)

I was just curious as to what name corresponds to what level (couldn't find it online, other than Oracle's are above the top 1%)

@DarkRed 

The following post is the best that I could find that has the most detailed summary of the ranks and the required participation to achieve them, though it still won't be 100% accurate, as it's not based on anything official, just numerous anecdotal reports from members:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/My-ranking-went-up/m-p/150976#M47612

They're basically feel-good window dressing since they don't mean anything in terms of rewards (with the exception of Oracle, as @srlawren mentioned).

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DarkRed the ranks are essentially meaningless*; they're cutesy little names that are handed out after certain amounts of participation.  These rankings are handed out in an automated way as you reach certain numbers of posts (or whatever other secret sauce may be behind the criteria).  I mean I guess if you're getting conflicting information from a newbie ("New Neighbour" or whatever newbies start out at) and a seasoned user (e.g. Mayor, or others), you may want to take the adivce of the person that's been around longer and participated more.  Though, all rules have exceptions, and of course there may be people that have been around a lot and never seems to have learned much (I know you other seasoned community members out there can think of at least a few! LOL).

* The exception to this is the "oracle" tag, which is given to a small select group of elite community members, hand-selected by Public Mobile.  You cannot achieve this rank via the normal automated escalation system.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@DarkRed Those ranks are based on your profile status. It all depends on how many posts you have, how many bravos you have collected, and how many solutions you have earned. It also bases of your time here in the community. Anyone can be a Mayor, and qualification for that is not listed by PM. You can search around and i am sure someone has broken it down. Ranks do not necessarily match the top contributor percentage. You have to qualify for those top percentage level each month. So even Mayors can go inactive and do not earn any rewards. 

Fizernubits
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, check out this old thread here, in particular @Jeremy_M's reply for more information.

To summarize the old thread though, It looks like the rankings are simply based on your involvement in the community.

Need Help? Let's chat.