cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From PM Survey, you think it's really coming?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

$5 per incident?

softech_0-1622238974969.png

Also, it was asking for each reward:

If the following rewards were not offered when you made the decision to join Public Mobile, would it have impacted your decision to join Public Mobile?

How serious you think PM is thinking about changes?  Or is this a regular survey going around all the time?

20 REPLIES 20

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hopefully not. 

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There is NO WAY Public Mobile will remove ALL rewards, @jor123 

I wouldn't be shocked if they made changes to Community or Loyalty rewards, however I don't see them removing Auto-pay or Referral rewards any time soon...

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I think removing rewards would be the beginning of the end for Pm. Not much value proposition for a lot of us otherwise.  

But as mentioned before......PM has a whole lot of fixing what is broken and THEN add some improvements, before they could charge for support. 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

To be honest it's cheaper than what others are coming up with. i heard Fido charges 30-40 for issues that can be done through selfserve but those that cannot are free. 

I don't know how does it average to, how many instances are truly needing support and how many can be handled by customer I'm sure they have looked at those numbers crunched them and analysed them well before considering something like that.

I'm also curious how many people have left because they can't talk to somebody when they are freaking out and have no way of proceeding.

I bet the number is not zero, i have seen announcements here in the community. I also suspect that many wouldn't mind paying $5 if it's easier for them to interact today way.

For me it's actually easier to read, I'm much less likely to misunderstand (read it: hear what i really want to hear). 

But i think the issue is really timing, people would probably pay to have very fast response/callback, just to jump the line i guess. Which could get really messy during technical difficulties and could turn out to be much more expensive if you suddenly have to deploy army for 2 days when a glitch happens.

no, it didn't mentioned any old plans (mine is a current plan, too)

how Telus prepad charge the $2?  Honest, $2 is more reasonable.

@softech wrote:

To me, $5 per incident is not too bad an idea (but is it too much?)

Honest, i think some customer really desperate with "talking to human" and they might not mind the $5.  Also, I think I seen this suggestion came up with other providers before (just that I wasn't sure if anyone really went ahead with it)

Btw, is PM the only Tier3 without live support?  How about Chatr or Lucky?

In terms or rewards, yes, loyalty reward, Autopay and Refer a Friend, if taken away, will really hurt the majority of the client base

With Community reward, it might be a big impact with the heavy supporter here  🙂

Telus prepaid does charge $2 per phone call. 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

I did a similar survey many months ago. Asking all kinds of questions about rewards with the hint of removing them and degrading the value...ie. instead of a continuous monthly ro have a monetary one time reward. Did it mention grandfathering what you have? Or a choice to grandfather or go with new program.

Not a good idea!

Is it Telus doing a clawback on the program to increase profits?  

The questions we should have:

How many customers have NO referral rewards?

How many only have 2 or 3 referral rewards?

How many customers are recruited from referral program?

How much does PM spend on advertising vs similar carriers? 

@softech wrote:

I was wondering how they charge the $5 incident, too since this is a prepaid.

Maybe you need to buy $5 ahead?  or $20 for 5 incidents ahead as value pack.

tricky part is..you forgot to buy the addon ahead, as many people think  they will never ever need  support.    Now you have problem signing in, problem with credit card and you  desperately  need support .  How can you pay to get the support you want?  LoL

Haha - good points @softech

Is there really that much of a complaint with not speaking to someone, well, maybe?

If this option takes away the rewards, than how is that any different from others.

And that may really affect Community action, indeed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Picture your stereotypical old guy from some old west movie with the squeaky voice...back in the day...we used to actually tell people our credit card number over. the. phone. Imagine that. Wow. How so terribly analogue. 🙂

@JK8 

I'm thinking they would not charge for any errors on their part.

The charges would likely only apply with items that the user could/should have managed themselves otherwise.

Either way - I don't see this happening.   Even Koodo's model (which is similar) has never ended up charging one of my phone services for any live support. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

Imagine....paying $5 to someone to fix an autopay failure. Telus should fix all the bugs in the system first.

@softech wrote:

tricky part is..you forgot to buy the addon ahead, as many people think  they will never ever need  support.    Now you have problem signing in, problem with credit card and you  desperately  need support .  How can you pay to get the support you want?  LoL

Maybe your new add-on should only last 10 days too !!

Without incident, you lose your $$.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@softech 

I think if they ever offered this, it would be as a standalone plan option separate from the current plans.

Can you imagine how much chaos that would cause???  

@softech 

Paying $5 for live support is insanely high, unless it's $5 / cycle in which case I could certainly see a few users jump on that bandwagon if they made that an optional "add-on".

@HALIMACS  I just hope the questions would be "How likely you will committed with PM with we are doubling all the rewards"..  or $5 reward for each question here we answered and accepted as solutions LoL

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

I'd say there will be no significant changes.

Most big companies like this frequently have some Brainiac in their upper management who's looking for ways to make more money.

Another Brainiac will come forward and squelch that idea when they remind the other higher-ups how many customers will seek service elsewhere if they remove the reward program.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

To me, $5 per incident is not too bad an idea (but is it too much?)

Honest, i think some customer really desperate with "talking to human" and they might not mind the $5.  Also, I think I seen this suggestion came up with other providers before (just that I wasn't sure if anyone really went ahead with it)

Btw, is PM the only Tier3 without live support?  How about Chatr or Lucky?

In terms or rewards, yes, loyalty reward, Autopay and Refer a Friend, if taken away, will really hurt the majority of the client base

With Community reward, it might be a big impact with the heavy supporter here  🙂

@softech wrote:

$5 per incident?

softech_0-1622238974969.png

Also, it was asking for each reward:

If the following rewards were not offered when you made the decision to join Public Mobile, would it have impacted your decision to join Public Mobile?

How serious you think PM is thinking about changes?  Or is this a regular survey going around all the time?

Public Mobile sent this survey out to some customers. If Public Mobile were to make a kind of change that would remove the rewards, my opinion is tha tthey might as well shutter the brand. As it is now, better price plans are available elswhere. For the large part, rewards are the reason customers remain. Take those away and there's little reason for custoemrs to stay.  Public Mobile knows this.

Need Help? Let's chat.