cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend waiting for his SIM card

pboynett
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey There,

I just convinced a friend of mine to switch from his current carrier to PM.  Problem is, he ordered his SIM card 8 days ago and still no sign of it.  Not a great start to say the least.

Is there an issue with SIM cards at the moment (backlog, shortage)?  I am concerened he will change his mind and miss out on, what I think is, a top notch carrier.

Cheers

Paul

7 REPLIES 7

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

it's probably a bit late now, but picking up a sim at walmart / london drugs are probably the best bet. maybe for next time.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pboynett shipping generally can take anywhere from 3 - 7 business days, depends on where you live, however you mentioned your friend lives in Toronto so it shoudln't take that long.  Keep in mind sometimes post office can lose mail also, i'm sure that is more likely than a SIM shortage.  In future, highly recommend just going to a Walmart and getting a SIM, it's the same cost and there's no waiting.  Just buy it and go home to activate.  Only thing is when going to a Walmart you may need to lie as to why you need the SIM, lately many Walmart's have been enforcing SIM sales only when you activate in store.  So when/if you go just say you need a replacement SIM because PM told you to go there, and that PM will reimburse you for the SIM cost.  They won't turn you away when you say that.

Zhuoyu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It takes 3 days for me to receive it after ordered online. I'm in Montreal.

paulie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have a couple spare SIMs..  🙂    If you are close by you can have one.  I'm in Markham.

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

He could try reaching out to the mods through this forum and explain that the card didn't arrive as quick as it usually does, and if it takes too long can they help him still take advantage of any limited time offers that have expired. Might be that SIMs are shipping slower because of increased demand from this past weekend?

I have no idea if they would do anything, but I figure it couldn't hurt to ask? I've heard they can be pretty understanding.

pboynett
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah, he is in Toronto.  I just remember it only took three days to get mine but not everyone is going to get same experience.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

PM ships the SIM card by Canada Post.  Where is your friend live?  If will take at least 1 week to delivery by Canada Post to the west coast from ON.  If PM does not send out on the next day, then another few days.

When it is closed to the $25 referral deadline, you may want to buy a SIM card at Walmart, WOW Mobile or London Drug (west) and provide it to your friend free of charge as you are getting $25 credit + $1/m as long as your friend stays with PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.