cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent announcements by Public Mobile?

seth888
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Anyone getting unwanted promotional/advertising messages from Public Mobile? One was from 5179, selling old Koodo phones, and another from 5129 asking me to complain about bad telecom service to the CCTS. Not anything to complain about yet Public Mobile, but I am hoping that these texts stop or maybe there might be something to complain about later😃

4 REPLIES 4

@seth888 

You'll get 4 texts a year from 5179 regarding your consumer rights and the CCTS. The next one in February then June, August and again in November. I've only recieved 2 texts from 5129. The recent koodo promotion (no thx) and the free bonus 1000 canada-wide calling add on and/or 5gb data on in response to the introduction of shaw mobile.

The CCTS/CRTC and E911 messages are just consumer information. All Canadian operators (not just Public Mobile) are required by law (CRTC Wireless Code) to send them to all their customers at least "semi-annually". They can't be unsubscribed.

They can be blocked. I've never seen Public Mobile's 5129 or 5132 used for any other kind of communication so I don't think you'd miss out on anything by silencing them (aside from no longer being informed/reminded of your consumer rights to access these services).

The marketing offers and Koodo promotions, etc, from 5179 and other numbers are advertising. You can UNSUBSCRIBE to some of them, although if you do then you might miss out on promo offers or gift offers you'd actually want to receive.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@seth888 You can opt out by saying "stop" to the marketing offers. CCTS amd renewal and reward texts can't be stopped. You can block.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@seth888 

Yes, I received the 5129 a couple of days ago.

Need Help? Let's chat.