cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom mobile still running behind us !!!

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

So I receive an email and it gets classified as junk, and it turned out to be from freedo... ahem, Ex, Wind mobile. 

First I am actually surprised they (their computers) still remmember me 5 months after leaving them. And they sent me this "Generous offer". 

Freedom Promo .png

They are still trying to market their LTE before it even arrives in my area (National Capital) by offering "reduced prices" that will go up 10 dollars after 10 months. (Yey to 45$). 

The funny thing is they insist on saying that it is coming in the summer, no precise dates, so assuming it is last week of June , (pretty much July) so that's 5 months away. which is half of the period of a plan (LTE) that didnt even start yet. Also at least if you are trying to get your customers back use a decent phone (ignoring the bad network), I mean ZTE 4X, REALLY !!!! Seriously... it is still a decent phone but my three old Galaxy S5 still beats it in almost everything. 

I am with you trying to become the fourth player by all means, but come-on at least use a flagship to attract your costumers (ahem... LG V20... ahem ). 

Here is a simple question, you expect me to come back with offereing me a minimum  5$+tax increase monthly (after 10 months) , with a very irregular network and not a very usable LTE network.!!!!

So far nothing exists in the market that even gets closer to the great promotion PM did a while ago without counting the rewards and the great community members. 

As a side note it will be great if we get an official reply to this thread :

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Is-Public-Mobile-s-LTE-throttled-vs-Telus-...

No one really complains that he isnt getting 100 mbps but it is still good to know that there is a limit to the speed. 

Also Happy anniversary PM

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/It-s-our-second-year-anniversary/m-p/141...

6 REPLIES 6

maribee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm with Freedom Mobile, previously Wind, we're not covered in Niagara on the Lake therefor my husbands is going with PublibMobile. I'm on Freedom Mobile 'grandfather plan' that includes US and it's a better deal than with Public Mobile. In US it

@Balanceman wrote:
Freedom Mobile has recently been acquired by Shaw and their networks will likely improve through partnerships or capital investments.

Public Mobile was acquired by Tells and as such uses Telus' resources. Tells already has a Canada wide network.

works with T-Mobile, better than in Canada. Once we test PublicMobile and if it works better,  even I may switch the provider.

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I agree with the bad phone. Their poor phone offerings for the LTE plan is enough to turn me away.

Balanceman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Freedom Mobile has recently been acquired by Shaw and their networks will likely improve through partnerships or capital investments.

Public Mobile was acquired by Tells and as such uses Telus' resources. Tells already has a Canada wide network.

Telus network is far superior to that of freedom mobile, plus our great modsmake all he difference!

@will13am wrote:

I got no love from Wind for leaving, not that it matters.  My wounds are just healing, so not going back for more punishment.  BTW, they started selling the LTE plan in the GTA before the LTE network went live.  It is typical of them to sell you a product that they don't deliver on. 

They also happened to promise a launch date for the LTE network to go live.  But when that date past and there was still no LTE service, they claimed in an interview/statement that the network was already live but customers couldn't connect to the network yet.  Well, then the network wasn't live! 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I got no love from Wind for leaving, not that it matters.  My wounds are just healing, so not going back for more punishment.  BTW, they started selling the LTE plan in the GTA before the LTE network went live.  It is typical of them to sell you a product that they don't deliver on. 

Need Help? Let's chat.