cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom Switch Promo

Patrick_R
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Has anyone heard of any promos for switching to Public from Freedom.  I read threads from RFD site but not sure if valid

10 REPLIES 10

JuniorJunior
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Patrick_R wrote:

Has anyone heard of any promos for switching to Public from Freedom.  I read threads from RFD site but not sure if valid

No, but I saw this info on the different deals (see the link below)...

https://www.whistleout.ca/CellPhones/Guides/best-cell-phone-plans

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Violette_M wrote:

Hi there guys,

FYI the best place to check for current Public Mobile plans is our web site.

If you want to compete in our community using the rewards system, you can even get your plan down to $0. More info right here.

On behalf of the regulars here...welcome to the moderator team.

This specific "promo" wasn't posted in the open on your website. I seem to think there have been the odd other ones as well.

Violette_M
Customer Support Agent

Hi there guys,

FYI the best place to check for current Public Mobile plans is our web site.

If you want to compete in our community using the rewards system, you can even get your plan down to $0. More info right here.

@Anonymous wrote:

I ddg'd 🙂 "red flag deals freedom public" and I think I found that thread. It had a link to something on this site but it's gone from here now. It was back in December.

Oh...here. Our very own lovely and talented @will13am mentioned this back in December.

Good job digging this one out of the mud.  It was a real strange deal.  It seemed like Public Mobile didn't want anyone to know about the promo.  The last great Freedom offer was back in summer 2017.  It lasted for several weeks and was advertised.  The ubiquitous 2016 fall promo was being offered to Freedom customers if they migrate over.  The 2016 fall promo sold based on its own merits.  There was no need to offer any fund credits. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ddg'd 🙂 "red flag deals freedom public" and I think I found that thread. It had a link to something on this site but it's gone from here now. It was back in December.

Oh...here. Our very own lovely and talented @will13am mentioned this back in December.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Patrick_R wrote:

All promos are announced here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/bd-p/Announcements

AFAIK there haven't been promos targeted to Freedom customers for more than a year.

The $25/$25 referral combined with the $10 off for 6months on $30+ plans is a very good deal, considering that you actually have Telus coverage. Be aware that you need to do the sign-up at home at your own computer to be eligible for the above.

@Patrick_R, unless posted elsewhere, there are no current Freedom to Public Mobile promotions.  The last I recall was late 2017 or early 2018.

You can find all current announced promos in the Announcement forum, and all plans (promo and in-market) on the Plans link at the top of every page.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Patrick_R wrote:

There were targeted plans a year or more ago probably coming up to 2 years now but there hasn't been any targeted plans lately

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Patrick_R wrote:

@Patrick_R  I have seen them too, but they usually have an expiry. Share the link

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Patrick_R wrote:

Could you share the link? Although regardless of their plan, I am not switching.

Need Help? Let's chat.