cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Sim Card

dnuijens
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone, 

We have been in the process of renovating our basement and have misplaced the extra sim card we had.  It seems that Public Mobile charges for sim cards now.  On another thread there was the statement that you could get one free sim card a year.  Is this true, and if so how do we get this?  I looked everywhere (I think ;)) on my account page and can't find it.  I want to add an additional number for our second child and love the way PM is set up to restrict calls and data.  

Thanks, 

5 REPLIES 5

anthony1987

Would be nice .. no more free SIM cards from Walmart for now either .. was using those for my referrals

Pittappillil1

I found a deal in Amazon.ca offering Lucky mobile SIM cards for 1.49(basically shipping cost). I hope PM also offer free SIM cards for their community members to attract more customers.

dnuijens

Thanks for the quick replies everyone,  that's what makes this forum great.  I'm in Edmonton.  What sucks is that I have one and it's buried somewhere.  Oh well, I'll go down to Walmart and see if they have any.  

Thanks again, 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@dnuijens wrote:

Hello everyone, 

We have been in the process of renovating our basement and have misplaced the extra sim card we had.  It seems that Public Mobile charges for sim cards now.  On another thread there was the statement that you could get one free sim card a year.  Is this true, and if so how do we get this?  I looked everywhere (I think ;)) on my account page and can't find it.  I want to add an additional number for our second child and love the way PM is set up to restrict calls and data.  

Thanks, 

No there are no longer any free sim cards.  You can purchase them online, Walmart (they may want to activate it but they shouldn't have to), WOW mobile or K-Mobile.  Where are you located some members on here do have some sims that maybe able to get you one.

Also remember if you buy a sim and activate it use your number as a referral and that cost of the SIM is recovered in 10 months.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I hope I am wrong so I could refer a friend to get a free SIM, but I think you will have to buy a SIM card either online or from one of retailers. There is no free SIM card, unless it is part of promotion for new users, such the one PM just ran a week ago. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Retail/Retail-Category-launch/m-p/184215#M1

Need Help? Let's chat.