cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud Alert! Why was my Thread deleted!

osama12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
This is my offical thread which was deleted, not sure why they deleted my thread but I have created another one. Pleaes help me guys!   Fraud Alert!

Hello guys my name is Osama and I have 4 lines working with public mobile, all in my family.

So one of the account =========== didn't make the payment for 3 weeks and the account got disable. When I tried to log in the website it's saying, 

"Sorry ,your login has been disabled. Please visit the online Community at  for assistance."

So I wrote a email to MOD to please fix the problem so I can log in and make the payment, but this MOD (Ashley) told me,

I'm sorry, but it seem that the account in question has been suspended, because the device has been report lost/stolen. For this reason, you will not be able to access your self-serve account, until the account is reactivated. " 

I asked her how reactivated the account and she replies,

"

To reactivate your account, you must pay $128.82  in the form of CERTIFIED CHEQUE or MONEY ORDER (NO OTHER PMT METHOD WILL BE ACCEPTED), Payable to P****M*****. You must mail it to 320 Bay**** St Suite 201 Barrie, ON L4M 3C* Regards, Ashley"

But here is the fishy part, I ask her why not accpet visa or mastercard, she repies by saying, " 
Your account has been suspended for suspicious activity.   You will have to do as instructed, to have it reactivated.   - Ashley"

Now she is saying it's been suspeneded for suspicous activity but before she was saying it was lost or reported stolen. When I still have the sim card and the phone in my house. She is playing games with me I think she wants to cash this cheque to herself. 

She is clearly lying with me and playing games. Please help She seems like a scan girl to me. Please guys help how do I get my account back without sending her a cheque. 
89 REPLIES 89

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Agree with @Rockdaddy22, and thats why I said do not try to cancel the cheque without actually having the cheque in your possession.  You will be required to swear that its lost under penalty of perjury.  And even then, cancellation only takes place if the check wasn't cashed by the recipient.  

Valid payee, in this case PM, can not be stopped from cashing that check.. tahts why it was requested in the first place.  

Rockdaddy22
Seemed very simple to me. And no there is no way to reverse the cheque, that's why they made you pay that way.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @osama11,

Just wanted to clarify that our payment department did finally receive your cheque and they unblocked your account. That's the only reason why my colleague Bladimir was able to give you access back to your self-serve account 🙂 

Happy to know things are finally resolved!

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

imm1304

When you say that this mod knows how to take care of you, it implies that somehow a mod previously tried to scam you.  Please stop blaming the awesome mods who are always trying their best to help.  Your specific issue was beyond the mods' reach.  Each company has a separate equivalent of "loss prevention" department which takes over in these unusual circumstances to recover the money.  They have different set of specific policies that they want the customer to follow to ensure no futher loss occurs for PM.  

So, for the record, no one tried to scam you.  All the mods that you talked to have tried to help you.  Your account was flagged and I believe @Mary_M provided an excellent and clear explanation of exactly how and why the specific words were used to convey the status of your account earlier.  It was an unusual and rare situation and the mod read out what showed on the system at the time.  

Please don't try to cancel the certified cheque you sent to PM.  Talk to PM first if you think it needs to be refunded because you made the payment now.  

It could be as @Rockdaddy22 said, that the cheque covered for the amount owed and the payment you made today in selfserve is for the next 90-day cycle.  So please clarify this first with the mods.  Its usually common practice for companies to return the cheque if its not needed.  Then you can take that cheque back to the bank and get it cancelled... this would be the ideal way of cancelling, if needed.   

Enjoy the restored services and wish you a smooth experience going forward.  

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@osama11,

Good to see your service up and running again.

Rockdaddy22
Willing to pay in so many ways lol Do you really not understand why they required the draft? Why would they accept a form of payment that you could later reverse as you've proven your willing to do. I think you thought you'd get away with the chargeback, but you got caught. I'm sorry, chargebacks don't happen by accident.

Rockdaddy22
The bank draft was for services already used. The mod probably let you load new funds to the account because they received the draft for the previous service you already used.

@osama11

Wafik
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@osama11 glad to hear that they were able to resolve your issue for you.

As an FYI, assuming you sent a Bank Draft to PM, since you have now paid them you can eventually get your bank to reverse that Bank Draft so you can get the funds back.  The process varies depending on your bank so make sure to contact them.  You will want to make sure with PM that they do not go ahead and cash the cheque when they get it as you are held responsible.

Just wanted to give you the heads up.

osama11
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Finally one MOD who knows how to take care of things, Bladimir R. is the person who let me log in to the account and I made the payment. It was so simple, not sure why I even send the cheque. Just made the payment right now. The service is working. It was simple as 1 2 3 steps for Bladimir R. Thank you so much Bladimir R. I really appriceate it. So happy right now. Not sure what is going on with the cheque but at the moment i can careless. Once again thank you Bladimir R. you're the best. Also Thank you all the other mods who were trying to help me here and not giving up on me. I am really sorry but I know I have been a jerk and a negative person but I didn't know what else to do. I just want to thank you all so much for helping me out in this matter. Thank you so much everybody who made comments on this thread, also for not giving up on me. Thank you all 🙂 forgive me if I hurt anybody. 

imm1304

PM is prepaid.  So, you absolutely never get a bill to pay after the month or 90 days.  You pay on day 1, before your service starts.  Lets say your chargeback happened around 20 or 40 days into your 90-day plan.  Thats the number of days of service that you bought from PM and then didn't pay.  So you most certainly got to use the service while the chargeback took away the funds from PM.  

I don't see why they would stop you from dropping off the cheque at the address.  That could always be an option.  Instead of the mail or courier person, you go hand deliver... it makes no difference to PM.  

Would @Mary_M please comment or reach out to @osama11 via a private message please?  

Hopefully there is some progress on this issue.  

@osama11 wrote:
Yes there was a chargeback, but I am willing to pay with so many ways, I just didn't want to mail the cheque I knew this kind of issue would come. I'm not even sure if I got to use the service, cuz it wasn't even time to pay again. All I want is there to be no mail system, it's been so long now. I really need the line working. I even told them let me drive up there. I'm willing to drop another cheque to them. I need this working. I'm really frustrated. I'm willing to pay my credit card man. I have other accounts with them but they don't even take that into consideration. I can pay using my other accounts. And take can take the extra money from there. There are so many reasons this is getting to me. What do you want me to do. I can't wait anymore. I just want the number out ported or working

osama11
Yes there was a chargeback, but I am willing to pay with so many ways, I just didn't want to mail the cheque I knew this kind of issue would come. I'm not even sure if I got to use the service, cuz it wasn't even time to pay again. All I want is there to be no mail system, it's been so long now. I really need the line working. I even told them let me drive up there. I'm willing to drop another cheque to them. I need this working. I'm really frustrated. I'm willing to pay my credit card man. I have other accounts with them but they don't even take that into consideration. I can pay using my other accounts. And take can take the extra money from there. There are so many reasons this is getting to me. What do you want me to do. I can't wait anymore. I just want the number out ported or working

imm1304

Hey @osama11,

I have been with PM for over 2 years now.  I have heard of zero people being scammed.  

You chose to send the check by regular mail and saved a few bucks, so its taking couple of days extra.  How is demanding money for services already provided a scam?  

There is no conspiracy to defraud you.  Refrain from thinking so negative and just focus on the solution.  

You will not be able to port out the number that is not currently active and in good standing.  Please understand that your account got suspended beause there was a chargeback from your side.  This created the situation where you owed PM money for services already provided ... as a pre-paid carrier, PM requires money upfront.  Its pointless to argue that you didn't know of the chargeback.  You really have to take it up with your credit card company.

shawnie_boy

It can take a while for things to get settled when you have to mail a cheque. 

osama11
It's been so long now but nothing, I'm going to give up, I'll wait until end of today. I believe I have been officially scammed with the cheque. It's look like I'm out with the money and the phone number. Please somebody tell me how I can port my number out. Public Moblie has officially scammed me. This is the worst experience I ever had with public mobile. I never wanted to mail the cheque I knew this would happen, now they have my cheque but my account is not even working. I hate this so much. I clearly didn't want to send the cheque I knew I would get scammed. This is frustrating what they are doing to me.

jeffster1970

@osama11 wrote:

It's been 1 week, and still nothing, I did mail the cheque, I woundn't be suprise if they tell me that they didn't receieve the cheque. Well it was a draft cheque from the bank. Can somebody tell me if bank can tell if they cashed the cheque, will the bank be able to tell me who cashed it?. Please help. It looks like something here is really fishy. I am so stupided, I just mailed it but I do have proof of the receipt. I will post it here. Also I didn't pick express mail cuz it was going to cost me 12 dollars extra. The mail lazy said it was going to take 2 days. But it's been over 6 bussiness days. I knew this would happen, that's why I didn;t want to mail the cheque, I don't trust who has it and who doesn't and I can't even track it down. FML

Ok...take a deep breath. When exactly did you mail this cheque?  I've been following this thread for sometime, and it seems very recent.  Trying to figure out your other threads, I could assume you mailed it out Friday August 4, though according to this website, I think it may have been Monday August 7.  

As for the mail lady. One thing with Canada Post, they don't have guarantee's on how long a piece of mail will take to get from point A to point B.  In my town, a letter mailed out Thursday to my next door neighbour will arive Monday or Tuesday (Wednesday if holiday Monday). Out of town you can add a day at least. Out of province, even longer. 

Assuming Friday August 4, Friday August 11 is now the 4th business day. Friday August 4 doesn't count as it is not a full business day, weekend and holidays don't count, so you're only up to 4 business days, not 6. 

Other factors to include, perhaps PM did get the cheque, but perhaps late on Friday. So perhaps it hasn't been processed yet. 

Personally, I always give Canada Post to deliver mail within 9 calendar days (plus 1 if there is a holiday) plus 2 business days for a company to process a cheque. (add 2 or 3 days for weekend and holidays)

Expresspost would have been a better way to go. However, with letter mail, you can register it too. Usure of the cost, but it's well worth it in the end, because you can track your mail so well. 

The Bank can verify if the cheque has been cashed. 

Rockdaddy22
Be patient

Michael77
@osama11

You should send a private message to the Mods to find out if the cheque was received. Be patient, it probably takes a bit of time to process everthing. Take care and enjoy the day.

osama11

It's been 1 week, and still nothing, I did mail the cheque, I woundn't be suprise if they tell me that they didn't receieve the cheque. Well it was a draft cheque from the bank. Can somebody tell me if bank can tell if they cashed the cheque, will the bank be able to tell me who cashed it?. Please help. It looks like something here is really fishy. I am so stupided, I just mailed it but I do have proof of the receipt. I will post it here. Also I didn't pick express mail cuz it was going to cost me 12 dollars extra. The mail lazy said it was going to take 2 days. But it's been over 6 bussiness days. I knew this would happen, that's why I didn;t want to mail the cheque, I don't trust who has it and who doesn't and I can't even track it down. FML

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

sorry about that @Wisewoman, I did indeed mean to tag another user, @osama11 ! I truly apologize for the misunderstanding.

Enjoy your weekend 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Wisewoman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
? My post?
I don't think it was me that was complaining about being deleted or deactivated, but I thank you for your due diligence & excellent explanation.
I'm pretty sure, @Mary, that it was another user (osama11 & osama12) that was complaining about having his thread deleted.

ronster

@Mary_M Very informative response.

I am more interested to know if OP sent in the cheque required to reactivate the account??

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

You're welcome ! @Michael77

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Michael77
Thanks for the explanation @Mary_M.

Rockdaddy22
Thank you seems pretty simple to me. Once a chargeback occurs, PM must get its money somehow.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello everyone,

thank you for taking the time to share your concerns in regards to this topic. Please allow me to explain a little further and provide some clarity on chargebacks and the reason why we request a payment via mail..

Once an account gets locked due to a credit card chargeback, there is no way to pay that balance via credit card. The reason is simple: a chargeback occurs when one cancels a payment with their financial institution due to unauthorized charges. For the security of the account holder and credit card holder, we ask that the cancelled payment be made by mail, payable to Public Mobile (not to Ashley or any moderator personally, which is specified when we provide one with the information) .

The payment department receives the payment and then proceeds accordingly. 

Keep in mind that we are a prepaid service - if someone activates a service and then cancels the payment, they will need to pay for the service they have been using. 

Furthermore @Wisewoman, I am confirming your thread did not get deleted. A few words triggered a spam alert and quarantined your post, which I have just released.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Respectfully,

Mary

Wafik

Wow, a week later you are still complaining @osama11

Something fishy happened with your credit card, but from everything you have said there hasn't been anything fishy on PMs side.  Any prepaid company would handle the situation the same if you paid for a service and then your credit card company reversed the charge and you had now used the service for free.

Request free credit reports via mail to make sure there is no suspicious activety. 

https://ocs.transunion.ca/ocs/home.html

http://www.consumer.equifax.ca/home/en_ca

You may also want to request a new card with a new number from your credit card company to ensure your account is secure if you never started the charge back.

Wisewoman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Ah, but YOU know why. You really do. You just don't want to share it with us here.
And we don't need to know. There are rules to acceptable use to this service. Find them & read them.

Rockdaddy22
It's really not difficult at all to understand. A chargeback was done for services you already used. You need to take it up with your credit card company, they shouldn't cancel transactions without your knowledge. I would be pissed if my credit card company cancelled a transaction without my knowledge

osama11
does sound like an expert, something is fishy going on here, but they are not telling me what is going. They have told me lies after lies. Starting with that I reported my phone was stolen, then they told me that my phone has gone missing. After they told me to send in a draft cheque so we can put you back on. Not telling me why or what the reason is just send the draft cheque right away. Like they are scammers. As of today I'm still not sure why it has to be draft cheque, but I have send the draft cheque to them on Friday and it's been 2 business days, they still have not received the cheque, now I have proof of that cheque. Something is really fishy, I called my credit card and they said the fund was returned back to me. And I was like why and they told me that it was used more than once a month, cuz like I said I have more lines. In total I have 5 lines. The point is that public never called or emailed me saying pay again. But it was a bit of my family members fault to for not telling me on time that his service has stopped working. So when I found out after 2 weeks. I had to deal with this issue. I'm not sure why this is happening. But it's happening to me. A lot has been fishy from my side as well to cuz I don't know all the answer to questions. But the chargeback was the problem. But why was I told lies from the start. Anyways let's see what happens. Service is still not working. 😞 sorry for making this thread so long 😞

Rockdaddy22
I thought it was because of a chargeback done for services already rendered. The customer supposedly doesn't know how or why a chargeback was done. PM feels the only way to collect this money and reactive the phone plan is to get a certified cheque or money order, no risk of chargeback that way.

I might be misunderstanding the whole situation, who knows lol 🙂
Need Help? Let's chat.