cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud Alert! Why was my Thread deleted!

osama12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
This is my offical thread which was deleted, not sure why they deleted my thread but I have created another one. Pleaes help me guys!   Fraud Alert!

Hello guys my name is Osama and I have 4 lines working with public mobile, all in my family.

So one of the account =========== didn't make the payment for 3 weeks and the account got disable. When I tried to log in the website it's saying, 

"Sorry ,your login has been disabled. Please visit the online Community at  for assistance."

So I wrote a email to MOD to please fix the problem so I can log in and make the payment, but this MOD (Ashley) told me,

I'm sorry, but it seem that the account in question has been suspended, because the device has been report lost/stolen. For this reason, you will not be able to access your self-serve account, until the account is reactivated. " 

I asked her how reactivated the account and she replies,

"

To reactivate your account, you must pay $128.82  in the form of CERTIFIED CHEQUE or MONEY ORDER (NO OTHER PMT METHOD WILL BE ACCEPTED), Payable to P****M*****. You must mail it to 320 Bay**** St Suite 201 Barrie, ON L4M 3C* Regards, Ashley"

But here is the fishy part, I ask her why not accpet visa or mastercard, she repies by saying, " 
Your account has been suspended for suspicious activity.   You will have to do as instructed, to have it reactivated.   - Ashley"

Now she is saying it's been suspeneded for suspicous activity but before she was saying it was lost or reported stolen. When I still have the sim card and the phone in my house. She is playing games with me I think she wants to cash this cheque to herself. 

She is clearly lying with me and playing games. Please help She seems like a scan girl to me. Please guys help how do I get my account back without sending her a cheque. 
89 REPLIES 89

Wisewoman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tipping wouldn't be a good idea while the culprit is reading the thread. LOL

But, it seems to me there is much information that is being left out. Public mobile wouldn't delete an online profile for lack of payment only, would they? Probably not. There's something else going on.

It may be where the funds are coming from? @Rockdaddy22

Wisewoman

Tipping wouldn't be a good idea while the culprit is reading the thread. LOL

But, it seems to me there is much information that is being left out. Public mobile wouldn't delete an online profile for lack of payment only, would they? Probably not. There's something else going on.

It may be where the funds are coming from? 

Wisewoman

Lack of payment would not explain why PM deleted the online profile. Something more is going on that ""WE" are not being told about & "someone" isn't being honest about. 

I wouldn't guess Public Mobile goes around deleting online profiles randomly when your account is frozen, since that is your only means of communication & help.

I certainly hope all you kind, trusting people are being cautious & not contacting this member directly or providing any personal information.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Please give us some insight on your thoughts @Wisewoman

Wisewoman

As a banker trained in suspicious activity....my "Spidey Senses" are tingling allover the place!!! 

Red light! Red light!!!!

kentnleung
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@EltonB wrote:
@kentnleung Lol! I was reading the thread and obviously this guy osama is a weirdo. But your comment hit the spot: You must be a total tool! Customers dont get fired, they get help, with whatever issue they have.

@EltonB

ha ha ha...if you dont know what i mean by firing the customer then well...who's the real tool here?

osama11

@EltonB I wish I was a weirdo, clearly you don't know what happened, when someone is told lies from someone they have no choose but to get help from the community, my first thread was deleted all the information was there, but I don't care I just want to get my service back and move on. I don't have time for this. So call me whatever you want but you're not in my shoes. I just want to thanks everyone who has been helping me getting my service back. Thank you so much everybody. If it wasn't the the community I would never send the cheque no matter what. I am going to move on from this and hope this doesn't happen again. I just don't like being lied to that;s about it. Thanks you all. Respect> 

Rockdaddy22
I don't think anyone is a weirdo. We just need to figure out why/how a chargeback was done on the account.

EltonB
@kentnleung Lol! I was reading the thread and obviously this guy osama is a weirdo. But your comment hit the spot: You must be a total tool! Customers dont get fired, they get help, with whatever issue they have.

kentnleung

im pretty surprised that PM hasn't 'fired' the customer yet...at this point the amount of resources spent on this particular customer probably outweights any gains they get from a $40 monthly plan.

there's a saying, 20% of your work requires 80% of your time and vice versa...i think this is one of the 20%.

imm1304

Hello everyone!  

This exact issue happened with another customer couple of months ago.  That customer was equally adamant that the chargeback was not initiated by him/her and was dumbfounded that the situation escalated to suspension with real threat of permanent deactivation without notice. 

We understand PM's point of view as well.  In scenarios involving chargebacks, they want to ensure that at least the money owed is securely in their account first before restoring service.  

My advice for @osama12, just try and relax.  Sending certified cheque or money order by Canadapost is generally considered normal and takes place daily.  PM will not charge you twice.  If your preference for alternative payment methods was to try and restore the services sooner, unfortunately thats not an option anymore in this scenario.  I hope you understand that its an unfortunate situation and not necessarily anyone trying to scam you or vice versa.  

Just focus on getting your awesome promo plan back and then investigate further with your credit card company.  As you said, you have multiple accounts with PM.  Credit card company may have an automated system that picked up too many identical payments to phone company in the same month and decided to reverse 1 of them.  I am, of course, just guessing but I do understand that sometimes things just go wrong and people get angry and feel cheated but in fact, its not really the involved parties who are at fault.  

Wishing you the best of luck.  

Rockdaddy22
Not sure what to say here.

PS I'm not praying for anyone's wireless service. I find it funny that you're worried about PM scamming you, from the sounds of it, you scammed them lol @osama11 @osama12

@MarieHelene_L, WOW!

That was not cool at all.

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@stonechucker

I did use your message to send OP (with a few adjustments here and there)! At this point, I didn't know what I could say anymore to make OP understand the situation and I thought your message was exactly what needed to be said. 

And it seems like it worked so thank you for this Cat Wink  

I apologize about the confusion, I totally should've let you known 🙂 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
There is a reason why Public Mobile is asking for the cheque. They are not going to scam you.

We are not talking about thousands of dollars here. I am happy you finally mailed the cheque.

Enjoy your weekend. Hopefully it will be a nice one. 🙂

Rockdaddy22
You would know if a chargeback happened, you would've had to initiate it, credit card companies don't just do chargebacks on their own.

Why would PM scam you? Obviously you know what's going on here. Why do you keep saying "even if it did happen" either it did happen or it didn't, like I mentioned, CC companies don't just do this on their own. So what happened? Only you know.

osama11

@stonechucker  you are also a lying look at this. I don't know what is wrong with people these days lying and stuff, but lucky this is the internet everything gets saved. So there is my proof. All of this problem started when one of the MOD name Ashley started lying to me by saying the phone is stolen. But I told her I still have the phone on me. But later on she told me someone called him and said the phone has gone missing. None of my family called in so I got really confused what is going on, but later on she told me i have to pay 128 dollars to get my service back, knowing all the lies I got from her how the hell was I going to send her the cheque. That's how all the problem started, and I was scared to send the cheque, I still am. BTw I have send the cheque to the address provided, and I even took a picture of the cheque and I even have proof that I send it. so if they don;t receive the cheque I will paste it here. All of this sounds really fishy to me, But I did it. I never said anything about you @stonechucker you being a mod or whatever you are saying. I was talking about the screen shot I got from them, their final message. Please look. I am sorry if I hurt anyone or they think that I am lying. 

I told them to charge my credit card and after a week or so then reactivated my service so I won;t ask for chargeback from my creditcard guys. anyways it's all over let's hope they receieve my cheque. I am sorry all. 

@Rockdaddy22 I never did a chargeback not sure what they are talking about even I am curious how did that take place. Even if it did take place why didn;t they write me asking for the payment. I never got the call or the email  saying what happened. Next think you know I was locked out. 

It's a shame, having told them I have 5 accounts with them and I told them all the phone numbers and everything but they still don't care about me. They really want that draft for some random reason. I am a loyal Public Mobile customer, I can't believe I am being treated like a dog here. But I guess that's life. 

Pray for me that they get my cheque and I don't get scammed. Thanks guys

Problem!.png

Rockdaddy22
Exactly, that's why they want it that way. Public Mobile got screwed once, they want to make sure they can keep the customers money this time. I totally understand. I've had to deal with bogus customer chargeback, well, PayPal actually took care of them for me.

I believe there is an option of a chargeback/reversal on an e-transfer also.

A certified cheque, a bank draft, and a money order are all essentially cash transactions, but the funds are 100% guaranteed.

Rockdaddy22
I still want to know why you did a credit card chargeback to begin with @osama11 @osama12

@osama11

You quote my advice and say it came from a Mod.  This is a lie.  I am not a Mod, nor would I wish to be with a customer so unwilling to accept instructions.

I am done trying to be a good community member and try to help you understand why Public Mobile is offering you this only option to correct your problem (that you created).

@osama11 wrote:

This it the final reponse I get from the mod

"

You don't really have a choice here. If you want to reactivate that line, on the current plan, without further disruption, you MUST send the certified cheque or money order, by some form of mail.

You are not sending it to a person, you are sending it the company called Public Mobile.  This is fully legal, and the policy of our company REQUIRES you to follow the process.

There is no option to pay in any other form at this time, because you issued a request to charge back on your credit card.  You caused this, not Public Mobile.

You must follow the directions given to you, if you wish to recover the phone number and service.

<this passage above, is @stonechucker's message, the rest below is @osama11>

No other options will be given to you. A certified cheque or a money order are the 2 ONLY options available to you if you want to reactivate your account. "

I just love it how they are wirting this is the only options will be give to YOU ( to me only i guess) it seems like I am special case. Anyways guys I will get the draft made and send it and will take a screen shot and paste it there, lets see if I will get scammed or not. This is 100% fishy to me now. But I will send the send, lets see who will cash it.  The community says send the cheque and I will send it. Lets hope I get my service back, it looks like they are going to make me pay twice. Lets see I will get the cheque made. Thanks guys. For all the support. I will keep you guys updated on this. 

I'm not going to put a signature line that says I''m not a mod.  Everyone already knows it.  I don't have the MOD logo beside my name. 

kentnleung
I personally don't see how sending an e-interact is any safer than a certified cheque.

Michael77

I am glad you are finally forwarding PM a cheque. A money order or certified cheque is one of the safest and best ways of sending funds.     

Rockdaddy22
Why did you do a credit card chargeback to begin with. Obviously they're scared you tried to rip them off and you could easily do it again. What would stop another chargeback, even through a bank account it could be reversed. Public Mobile feels you owe them money for services provided, since a chargeback was done. The only way they can guarantee they'll get to keep the money, is to get a money order or certified cheque. If I'm misunderstanding the situation I apologize.

osama11

This it the final reponse I get from the mod

"

You don't really have a choice here. If you want to reactivate that line, on the current plan, without further disruption, you MUST send the certified cheque or money order, by some form of mail.

You are not sending it to a person, you are sending it the company called Public Mobile.  This is fully legal, and the policy of our company REQUIRES you to follow the process.

There is no option to pay in any other form at this time, because you issued a request to charge back on your credit card.  You caused this, not Public Mobile.

You must follow the directions given to you, if you wish to recover the phone number and service.

No other options will be given to you. A certified cheque or a money order are the 2 ONLY options available to you if you want to reactivate your account. "

I just love it how they are wirting this is the only options will be give to YOU ( to me only i guess) it seems like I am special case. Anyways guys I will get the draft made and send it and will take a screen shot and paste it there, lets see if I will get scammed or not. This is 100% fishy to me now. But I will send the send, lets see who will cash it.  The community says send the cheque and I will send it. Lets hope I get my service back, it looks like they are going to make me pay twice. Lets see I will get the cheque made. Thanks guys. For all the support. I will keep you guys updated on this. 

kentnleung
fishy fishy smelly smelly 🐟 🐟

@srlawren, totally agree.  I was surprised to see there was still action on this thread and that they hadn't dealt with it yet.  The amount of time and energy wasted to fight sending in a cheque to a company has me bewildered.  To think that a MOD is scamming them and having them send a cheque to the MOD so she could catch it.  Trying to draw attention away from whatever the real issue is.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren

@ute1978 wrote:

(Why does my gut tell me that we are dealing with a troll?)

@ute1978 I don't think it's that, but my gut is telling me there may indeed be a reason the account was suspended.  I mean, how can someone be this reluctant to send something in the mail?  Something is fishy or doesn't add up.  Or it sure seems that way based on the continued reaction to the request.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

ute1978

For the love of God.... send in the cheque if you want your service back. You would have service by now if you followed their request.

(Why does my gut tell me that we are dealing with a troll?)

Michael77

Hi osama11,

Kindly please just send the certified cheque to Public Mobile.  Canada Post is one of the best mail services in the world.  A regular mailed letter is usually delivered within 1 to 2 days. You could always send your cheque by Registered Mail. Public Mobile is not going to steal your cheque. Public Mobile (Telus) is a reputable company.  I trust them and so should you. So please just mail the cheque and if everything is legit then your service will be up and running again. Thank you and have a great day.

Need Help? Let's chat.