cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud Alert! Why was my Thread deleted!

osama12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
This is my offical thread which was deleted, not sure why they deleted my thread but I have created another one. Pleaes help me guys!   Fraud Alert!

Hello guys my name is Osama and I have 4 lines working with public mobile, all in my family.

So one of the account =========== didn't make the payment for 3 weeks and the account got disable. When I tried to log in the website it's saying, 

"Sorry ,your login has been disabled. Please visit the online Community at  for assistance."

So I wrote a email to MOD to please fix the problem so I can log in and make the payment, but this MOD (Ashley) told me,

I'm sorry, but it seem that the account in question has been suspended, because the device has been report lost/stolen. For this reason, you will not be able to access your self-serve account, until the account is reactivated. " 

I asked her how reactivated the account and she replies,

"

To reactivate your account, you must pay $128.82  in the form of CERTIFIED CHEQUE or MONEY ORDER (NO OTHER PMT METHOD WILL BE ACCEPTED), Payable to P****M*****. You must mail it to 320 Bay**** St Suite 201 Barrie, ON L4M 3C* Regards, Ashley"

But here is the fishy part, I ask her why not accpet visa or mastercard, she repies by saying, " 
Your account has been suspended for suspicious activity.   You will have to do as instructed, to have it reactivated.   - Ashley"

Now she is saying it's been suspeneded for suspicous activity but before she was saying it was lost or reported stolen. When I still have the sim card and the phone in my house. She is playing games with me I think she wants to cash this cheque to herself. 

She is clearly lying with me and playing games. Please help She seems like a scan girl to me. Please guys help how do I get my account back without sending her a cheque. 
89 REPLIES 89

You have no choice here.  If you want to reactivate that line, on the current plan, without further disruption, you MUST send the certified cheque or bank draft or money order, by some form of mail.

you are not sending it to a person, you are sending it the company called Public Mobile.  This is fully legal, and the policy of the company REQUIRES you to follow the process.

There is no option to pay in any other form at this time, because you issued a request to charge back on your credit card.  You caused this, not Public Mobile.

you are fully responsible for this mess, and you must follow the directions given to you, if you wish to recover the phone number and service.

i know you don't like this, but you have no other choice, except to start over fresh on a new plan, or take your business elsewhere.

osama11
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@stonechucker  I really want to send the cheque, but I am not good with the mailing stuff. Why can't I just e-transfer the money, Please guys HELP ME I want to send the money by BANK or Email. Please I really want this working. One of my family number doesn't have the service working, I don't know why they are making this so difficult for me, what have i done. How is cheque going to make this better, why can't I e-transfer the money using my debit account. Why do they really want this cheque. Also after I make the payment do I have to pay again to use the service, because first you guys start you guys didn;t receive the payment, so if I pay onces with the bank or e-transfer, will i have to pay again twice to use the service. I am talking in the community becuase I am getting different mods everytime, and all they say is. 

" Send the draft, send the cheque" That's all they say. They really want this cheque from me, it;s like they are having a battle who wins or loses. I am willing to lose I have no reason to fight with you guys, I want to pay, this draft thing is getting to me. Please send me your email I will send the money, with e-transfer, cash it and I will send 7.50cents Extra and please make the draft with it. Please help guys. 

Then send it via registered mail.  They will be forced to sign for it.

You're making this way to complicated for yourself.

osama11

ok I will mail the draft what if they say they didn't receive it? Mailing is not the solution I have a feeling something fishy is happening here with my account. I am not getting a reponse by the MODs anymore, I think they have given up on me.  Is there anyone else who can help me

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@osama11 / @osama12 I think you're going to have to suck it up and send the draft.  In the time you've spent protesting the idea, you could already have it in the mail on the way to PM's office, and been closer to getting your sevice reactivated.  I don't know what activity(s) were flagged as suspicious, nor whether the origination was at PM or at the credit card issuer, and it would be good to know, but I think the main thing here is to get up and running again, and the procedure has been laid out for you to follow.  Continuing to try to find ways around it is just going to delay resolution.  I'm trying to be objective here and offer you good advice.  Take it for what it's worth.

@NDesai it must be policy to receive payment this way given whatever circumstance lead to the administrative account suspension.  If there is concern around the payment method, for example, then there's nothing stopping the person from walking into a voucher vendor and using the same payment method to purchase the voucher.  I don't know what the cirucmstances are, but it seems pretty clear and consistently communicated that the procedure is what the procedure is, no?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@CS_Agent @MarieHelene_L Since OP has problem sending payment through check, why can't he pay through PM voucher? He can purchase PM voucher and send the pin through private message? Why does the payment has to be via check?

osama11

I am kindly requesting the information to make it thru my bank account. Not sure why they are so demanding that it has to be done by cheque draft which I do not want to do. I feel like if i mail the draft, they will ask for another one and I will have no proof. That I had mailed the draft. Does this company not have a bank account. I'm sure it does have a bank account so why else do you guys cash the cheques, so please let me make the payment thru my bank. Thanks a lot

osama11

Yes @osama11 and @osama12 are the same person. The First thread was created  but the mod deleted it for some reason, cuz the person got caught lying, I do not want to name that person. I have 4 lines on my name, also one of them is my brother in law so I decided to include that to so that makes it 5 in total, I am the one who is brining people to Public Mobile, also I told my friends who also joined. The point is I did bring people to this service. 

Now I want to make a payment thru the bank, I will transfer the money thru the bank, payable to Public Mobile, why can't I do that at least. Why does it have to be a draft cheque. I am willing to pay. Please let me pay using my bank and than you guys will know where the money came from. This is my only request. Please let me know MOD. Thanks a lot

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kentnleung

Very strange indeed.

The first post, posted by @osama12 said " Hello guys my name is Osama and I have 4 lines working with public mobile" Then later on, @osama11 posts "I am happy with their service, I have 5 lines in total with them"

Sort of reminds me of that movie "Total Recall" where the taxi driver says he has 5 kids to feed, then at the end gets mixed up with the number of kids he has. LOL.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Hi osama11 or osama12,

I am so sorry you feel the way you do. I do not believe even for one second that Ashley or anyone else from Public Mobile is committing fraud. For whatever reason, this is PM's procedure. I would suggest following their instructions if you want to keep this account open. I don't have the details but I would think that your certified cheque would be made payable to Public Mobile. Good luck and I hope it all works out for you.

@osama11 or are you @osama12? Anyway, it appears you must pay with a method than CANNOT be reversed. The easiest, if you have no chequing account, would be to get a money order at your bank payable to "Public Mobile, a division of Telus Communications Company, for account # ******** ". 

What a mess! Good luck!

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

kentnleung
On an unrelated note does anyone notice the OP has 2 different username handles all replying to the same post??

Are they even the same people or a troll created a separate account to jerk us around??

Osama11 and osama12

kentnleung
Jut mail the dam check. It's probably written to payable to public mobile so Ashley the mod can't personally cash it in.

Another mod even chimed in on the solution yet the OP is so fixated with Ashley it's quite puzzling.

Why is it so hard for the OP to send a cheque?

Yes we are in 2017 but we still use cheques in a lot of businesses, that's one way of how money gets around. You don't see Ford paying their suppliers thru a corporate credit card to their suppliers but rather a certified cheque b/c that's how it works.

You cannot port out your number to another PM account, nor to another carrier, until the account is active.

@osama11, ok the cheque would not be for @Ashley_T.  Marie_Helene, has already stated that this is the process.  Ashley is not committing FRAUD as you state.  I am really sorry you are experiencing these issues, but your statements about Ashley are very close to defamation.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I agree mailing a cert cheque is ridiculous. What kind of operation is PM running here. Sounds like a home business. Even though, I may not believe everything OP stated, I am sure there may be situations where something happens with credit card and charges get reversed. PM's solution though is pretty bad. 

PBForMe

You cannot port out a number of an account that is suspended as far as I know. 

osama11

I am happy with their service, I have 5 lines in total with them and I take care of all the problems for my family numbers. Yes I do have the 40 dollar a month with 12 gb plan, so I will be losing that, it;s just so fishy they are saying only way to get it back is draft or cheque. Why not visa or thru bank I hate mailing, come pick it up from my house if you guys want a draft or a cheque. I have 5 lines. I can wait let's see what they want me to do but I am not sending a cheque to Ashley. 

Now I am wondering if I can out port this number, I have a public mobile sim card, I was wondering if I can out port it to a new account, I just want my number back. It's so frustrating what is going on. I will wait and see if I can go back into the account and make the payment. 

I am happy to pay all the money I owe. I am not running away, I am here, I will pay but please do not ask for a cheque for Ashley. I will pay I am willing to pay VISA, MasterCard, or thru Bank Account, E- tranfer, email money but not mailing anything, THE BEST I Can do is UBER the draft to you guys, will the uber guy see anyone there to drop of the cheque. Please Confirm thanks

osama11

Thank you Ndesai for supporting me I feel at ease. It's 2017 I should be able to make payment online. Thru Bank if anything why draft, and why mail it in, what if they don't get it. I am so lost here. Thank you Ndesai for supporting me once again. keeping my hopes up 

shawnie_boy

Just make a new account and start all over again unless you have the 12gb 3 month plan for $40. This is a super small company with very little customer service, so their request is very reasonable based on this fact. If you want to be able to have these issues resolved quickly and easily, I suggest you switch to rogers, bell or Telus. They wouldn't make you send a certified cheque to them in the mail. I wasn't aware that PM couldn't respond to the chargeback and provide evidence that the service was provided. 

Indeed it seems somewhat fishy because of check payment. There is something called voucher that can be easily used to add funds to PM account. 

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hey @osama11

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us Smiley Happy

Don't worry, my colleague Ashley is not trying to steal any money from you. This is the procedure instructed by our payment department we have to follow in these situations. 

Your account is currently suspended due to suspicious activities. Your account is currently in the 'Lost/Stolen' state as it is the only way for us to manually suspend your account. We know you did not actually lost your phone and that is not what Ashley intended to say, sorry about the confusion. 

So, as she mentioned, the only way to get your account back up and running is to follow the instructions given to you via private message. Don't worry - the address Ashley gave you isn't her personal address. You're not sending this cheque to her directly, you're sending it to our offices in Ontario. 

This is the common procedure when an account is suspended for suspicious activities and if the payment isn't received within the next 30 days, your account will get deactivated. 

Thank you for your understanding, 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

Confirm with your credit card company to see what has happened to the last payment made to Public Mobile. If the payment has been reversed than you will need to follow their instructions to recover your account. The members here CANNOT assist you with account related issues.

This is going to take a while to sort out, so, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi.

Good luck.

osama11

Credit Card is fine, everything is fine, There was a first thread about Fraud Alert I had going on but someone deleted it, one of the MOD name Ashley wants me to send her a cheque so she can cash it, do you think that sounds right to you? 

PBForMe

Well then the issue is clearly with your credit card company not PM. You need to figure out why there was a chargeback which is what it sounds like. 

osama11

NO! it was not stolen, she is saying it was the right credit card but then she said I called in my credit card and told them this is fraud company, but why would i do that I have 4 lines with them. I never had this problem. I would never do that. I want to pay with my credit card, I am not the scamming type of person who would steal other people's credit card and use it. This is not me but I am clearly getting that labled on to my head here. 

PBForMe

Perhaps the credit card registered to your account was reported lost/stolen and your payment to PM mistakenly got labeled as a fraudulent charge?  

Which would explain why they insist on a cheque not a credit card. 

osama11

I on the other hand want to pay back whatever I own but they started with lies after lies, Ashley told me so many different stories, I didn;t know how to believe, now I am trying to get hold of my bank to see what went wrong, they didn;t write me a email or tell me at the start this was the reason, even if this is the reason why can't I log in and make the payment, and when they fianlly do receive the payment then reactivated me. I am so confused. Ashley wanted a cheque.

osama11

This is what they are saying now,

Seems like you canceled a payment that was made to renew your plan. Meaning that you topped up, renewed your plan, used your services and then canceled the payment through your credit card. 

When our payment department noticed, they suspended your account. In order for us to reactivate it, we are simply asking you to pay for these services you used. 

Thanks, 

Need Help? Let's chat.