cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrrMcGrr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Fraser Valley, BC service down to H+ today

Just a heads up if others have noticed speed has dropped to H+ from 4G. Please note before people start coming Into here and talking about 3G speeds, I have a grandfather plan from 2016 with full LTE speeds. 

Thank you. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: Fraser Valley, BC service down to H+ today

@BrrMcGrr 

Hmmm....any trouble with calls going to voicemail?

@darlicious wrote:

@BrrMcGrr 

Hmmm....any trouble with calls going to voicemail?

There could be other issues with the network that could cause that, but a problem with the LTE network would generally have no effect on Public Mobile voice services unless there's also something else going on at the same time.   In the past, there have been situations in which LTE network problems would cause the phone not to switch properly to the HSPA network for phone calls, but this customer's phone has already switched network types.

@BrrMcGrr wrote:

Just a heads up if others have noticed speed has dropped to H+ from 4G. Please note before people start coming Into here and talking about 3G speeds, I have a grandfather plan from 2016 with full LTE speeds. 

First the obvious:  

Were you in a call when this happened?  As you know, your phone will switch to the "H+" network whenver you're in a phone call.  Also, have you restarted your phone?

BrrMcGrr
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No I was not on a call, I was using Google maps when I noticed it. Phone has been fully powered off and powered on, and I have reset the access point within the phone.  This was more of a let people know post and if it's still like this tomorrow I can then reach out to mod support. 

@BrrMcGrr wrote:

No I was not on a call, I was using Google maps when I noticed it. Phone has been fully powered off and powered on, and I have reset the access point within the phone.  This was more of a let people know post and if it's still like this tomorrow I can then reach out to mod support. 

For future reference and if data works at all for you on either network, you don't need to make any changes to APN settings. The APN settings are the same for both the LTE and HSPA networks.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BrrMcGrr 

Well I will be popping out in a bit....I will check my phone on the $10 plan and see what it says...in Vancouver.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hmm nothing wrong with the H+ network if your on a 3G plan.. It might be better than LTE in terms of speed and better than traditional 3G. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BearFBI 

Yes but that's not the case here is it? One does want what they pay for....sure a day or two might not be worth a fuss but monitoring to ensure it isn't more frequent is prudent when asking for redress.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BrrMcGrr 

4G LTE working just fine in Vancouver.

Need Help? Let's chat.